Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) **
(09-12-2016, 12:08 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Picket fences?  Rod iron fences?  Vinyl siding?  Okay, I'm not a fan of sea green... but dayum.  And shade differences for mowed lawns.  And yep, gotta recommend the work you did on the old-style white wickerwork base for the houses too.

The street lights aren't all that modern, looking more the oil-lap style.  Hit up my 1st-Story Lycan ABS demo for some more modern tiles as the beginning has a couple of characters leaving a movie theater in the city.... before things start to happen.

Oh, and have you thought about all-brick houses or half-brick?  My house has red brick from the base on up to the first floor window.  After that, it's siding.

Shocked  Is that a lawn chair???  It's missing a small table with an umbrella and a tall iced tea Winking

Oh, some mailboxes are attached to houses.  Those you have are prone to BASEBALL BATS!!!  Might be entertaining to see a bashed up/beaten mailbox. Winking

You are planning on making these Tilesets public as we're in the Resource board, right?  Otherwise this topic belongs in Maps and Screenshots.

Well, this tile-set I do it with addons of others tilesets and few new things you can see in the screenshots are pixel art work I did (like plants that have no shadows and other stuff over there), and yup, I thought I might in publish it at end, is why I ask opinions to improve this tile-set. 

It is not entirely mine but is a project with good intentions, I know I have errors regarding everything you told me... I will consider all these things. Thankyou  Very cheery

Quote:Some others Awnsers

U: Picket fences? Rod iron fences? Vinyl siding?
Me: Idk, so old-school type? lol

U: The street lights aren't all that modern, looking more the oil-lap style.
Me: Effectively have that shape, and there are such connections modern light bulbs.

U: Oh, and have you thought about all-brick houses or half-brick? 
Me: Of course, they will be implemented in the tileset, the half-brick houses, :3

U: Is that a lawn chair???  It's missing a small table with an umbrella and a tall iced tea.
Me: I know that you say it jokingly, but maybe if lacking more garden furniture.

U: Oh, some mailboxes are attached to houses.  Those you have are prone to BASEBALL BATS!!!
Me: Ik, Ik.  Laughing

U: You are planning on making these Tilesets public as we're in the Resource board, right?  Otherwise this topic belongs in Maps and Screenshots.
Me: Before posting, I checked the sections of the forum and did not I found one that says "Maps and screenshots."   Confused

I guess with your observations, dies this topic, if case someone else has other opinions.
[Image: YhuZaMg.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Tileset.png]
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - by rzrcoon - 09-12-2016, 06:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star  [Sburb]- Tileset Suburban Modern 2020 rzrcoon 2 4,036 08-20-2020, 12:11 AM
Last Post: rzrcoon
   Modern Tilesets Combined donanandsunder 5 24,755 07-04-2020, 04:27 AM
Last Post: HauntedCicadaSongs
   First attempt to make a tileset MicKo 17 18,689 04-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: MicKo