Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 A VVulf works to limit Newbie spam...
It has been 'almost' a week since I placed this inquiry, asking for opinions and alternative ideas. This is basically a weekend bump to make this a bit more visible, asking if anyone else had ideas to offer.

Currently, I am keen to the idea of allowing 1st posts for new members to just the Feedback and Occasions boards, but that is merely to ensure they do give an introductory greeting and prevent registrees from signing in to post spam instead. Still, that should in no way hamper them from reading the posts. They will still have access to reading posts. Only after the system sees they made a viable intro/feedback post will the system then convert them into fully registered members.

The minimum character limit, as Bounty Hunter Lani suggested, WAS meant to have a 20 character limit. It now does again have a minimum character limit, and it was odd that it was somehow disabled. But as I stated, quoting a previous post within a thread can be easily performed to get past the character limit.

There are software plugins which can be enabled whereas one needs to go through a Captcha as Siletrea suggested just to make a post. However, I would fear it would prevent members from posting in general, even when they are fully registered.

But for right now, I'm asking if there are any more ideas, suggestions, pizza... Mmm.... pizza.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: A VVulf asks: Should Fledgelings be limited to.... - by DerVVulfman - 05-07-2017, 12:18 AM