Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 AOL Services Down
  Sarcasm + Confused  Urp.   This affects me too, guys.  I lost AOL as of Midnight last night while chatting with kyonides.

Below are exerpts from an article from mediapost.com that are reporting a series of outages.

One reporter stated that AOL email is down today, affecting hundreds of users in New York, Chicago and other parts of the U.S., according to reports in Express and Down Detector. And Yahoo Mail is still out for many users.

The AOL problems began at 8:23 a.m. EST, according to Down Detector.

One AOL user complains: "My AOL has been down in Los Angeles County since yesterday. First I get AOL’s 'blerk' screen after which a Google Chrome screen pops up saying that my connection is not private due to possible hackers (or other issues)." 

Another writes: "For 2 days I have not been able to (get) on AOL. I keep getting that picture of the silly can."

In a message posted ten hours ago, an AOL user writes: "I believe we are being sent to a phony website, where it asks only for our username or e-mail address. It will reject that and tell you to use another one."

Of the AOL complaints received by Down Detector, 80% were for email, and 16% for dial-up internet. They mostly are originating from New York, Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Washington, Phoenix, Denver, Tamper and Minneapolis.

Of the gripes, 49% have to do with log-in and 32% with reading mail. And 17% cite "receiving email (send email to Yahoo)."

Down Detector warns that "scammers are attempting to rip off consumers by offering fake support for Yahoo Mail. Yahoo will never charge for support."

And yeah, I'm one of the guys now unable to connect at home.  And calling AOL, the hold message says there are a larger than expected number of calls, and the call wait time exceeds 30 minutes.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
AOL Services Down - by DerVVulfman - 02-08-2018, 06:06 PM
RE: AOL Services Down - by Bounty Hunter Lani - 02-08-2018, 06:15 PM
RE: AOL Services Down - by DerVVulfman - 02-13-2018, 12:24 AM
RE: AOL Services Down - by MetalRenard - 02-13-2018, 12:37 PM
RE: AOL Services Down - by DerVVulfman - 02-14-2018, 05:17 PM
RE: AOL Services Down - by MetalRenard - 02-14-2018, 07:03 PM
RE: AOL Services Down - by lestat3179 - 02-15-2018, 06:08 PM
RE: AOL Services Down - by DerVVulfman - 02-15-2018, 09:37 PM