Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 KMenus XP
KMenus XP

by Kyonides-Arkanthos

Introduction

This is just another main menu script that only includes sprites instead of RMXP default windows to display all of the actors' information plus Current Location, Step Count and how much gold they currently have in their pockets on screen. It also features a revamped skill menu called KSkillMenu XP.

As per Melana's request KSkillMenu XP now includes a way to sort skills not just by ID but by their type. You would need to setup a couple of arrays to make this happen, I already did that with most of the skills as a way to show you that it is possible to do such a thing on this new version of the demo.

Features

KMainMenu - Main In Game Menu
KSkillMenu - Skill List Menu
KSaveMenu - Save and Load Menus
KBGMMenu - Audio Settings Menu (BGM mainly)
KTitleMenu - Title Menu

Screenshots

KMainMenu XP
[Image: ES8HU3W.png] [Image: RKVOjWh.png]
[Image: wbTjfdu.png]

KSkillMenu XP
[Image: KIbqgol.png] [Image: upD8VaU.png]

Demo

Credits

To me for crafting this script. It can only be used in non commercial games.

To allwallpapers.in for the starry background picture.

To GIMP developers since I used this tool a lot to edit all sorts of pictures.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
"Available for a limited time"? Can I ask why?
Reply }
Another Unwanted Bump!

I just updated my KMainMenu script after I made a couple of small edits to change the way the actor's data are shown on screen, I also added a new actor menu background. (don't forget to check the new screenshot included in the main post.) By the way, this script will be available for a limited time just because I feel like it, people.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Bumping Hype

Guess what? I uploaded another demo that is finally updated to version 1.0.0 of my KMainMenu XP script, it's now more customizable than ever before. I included one single add on namely the Reserves Basic Add On as well. This actually means you can add some extra actors (up to 4) to your reserves as seen on my newest screenshot included on the main post.

Honestly, there is one single but important catch, you can't check your reservists' skills or equipment or status because their implementations on those scenes depend completely on what custom scripts you may have added to your game project so far. I doubt that any of you still use the default skill, equipment and status scenes and windows so I'm not going to offer a default script adaptation for all those scenes and windows.

And no, people, I won't adapt my script add on to any of Mog's custom scripts for personal and script coding related reasons.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Keep Bumping!

A few minutes ago I uploaded a new demo that already lets you switch party members and/or reservists depending on the situation. Now it's possible to manually add a menu option in game via script call, it can be used to add any of the original options or any options included in any add-ons.

To add new main party members and reservists or to remove any of them you just need to use the Change Party Member event command like you always did. It's quite convenient, don't you think?

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Bored of Bumping...

Well, today I updated the script once again even if the previous demo wasn't downloaded by anybody. This new version lets you include a menu scene BGM plus additional changes to keep it compatible with add ons or scripts linked to KMainMenu XP like the new KSkillMenu XP. This additional script is still in development but already features several important things for a skill menu and tries to show you the same kind of skin I used in KMainMenu.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Yet Another Ignored Bump!

I deleted the previous version of my demo to upload a new one with a more complete version of KSkillMenu XP that lets you select any of the skills displayed in a single column if that particular skill is enabled right then. You are able to open the target window that will show up all heroes or it could also include the reservists! Don't believe me just because I say this, just take a look at these screenshots.

KSkillMenu XP
[Image: KIbqgol.png] [Image: 9YOasKQ.png]

Actually KSkillMenu XP isn't finished, yet, but I need testers to check what's working properly and let me know about any bugs.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
I tried the demo and ran into this error when talking to the female warrior near the ghost:

[Image: U2L0o9L.png]
Reply }
Replace that include with has like in the other event and it should work fine. Thanks for reporting it anyway but THIS was not the kind of report I was expecting because it's not menu related at all. Please stick to the use of both menues.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Got A New BUMP!

Tonight I released a new version of my demo that includes full fledged main and skill menus (KMainMenu and KSkillMenu). Unless somebody has any suggestions to add new features to the existing menus, I guess that might be all you could get from them.

One thing people should know is that my KSkillMenu script does NOT replace the default skill menu window you may find and use in any default RMXP battle. This means it doesn't change anything belonging to any Battle System available out there. The main reason here would be I sticked to my beloved (marble and outer space theme) sprites instead of manipulating default windows.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }