Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Moonpearl script Animated Battlers help!! x((
Hey Starmage!

I read the PM you sent me about how someone in ChaosProject told you how to fix your battlesystem. While it may appear patched, his solution wasn't at the result of a proper diagnosis. It is one thing to find a fix. It is another to find the root cause of your issue. However, his fix is in the proper location.

Your code in the MP Animated Battlers: Scene_Battle code occurs at line 104 on down, resembling this:

Code:
alias mp_abattlers_update_phase4_step2 update_phase4_step2

def update_phase4_step2
mp_abattlers_update_phase4_step2
# Raise damaged flag
for target in @target_battlers
  if target.damage.is_a?(Fixnum)
    etc....

Your helper in ChaosProject figured out that this page was running while the system thought it was in the first step of phase 2, which is why he suggested:
Code:
return if @phase4_step == 1

Well, it goes much deeper than that. You see, your problem was that the system cycles through your dead members and their targets. The method in Moonpearl's script acts like this:
Code:
mp_abattlers_update_phase4_step2  ... Perform the original code
for target in @target_battlers    ... for every target that the battler has in his scope
if target.damage.is_a?(Fixnum)    ... if the target has numeric damage (it isn't the word 'Miss!')
... etc.

You would think that the code would work fine. But when you have a dead actor, you have no @target_battlers to cycle through. No @target battlers, and it goes 'BOOM'.

THAT is the actual source of your problem with Moonpearl's system. I ran tests to see what battler(s) were going through the motions, and it was always the DEAD one... the dead one that does not get to target any battlers.

So instead of the code that your guy from ChaosProject suggested (granted, a mere one line), I suggest this... an exerpt from the original method that tests for DEAD guys and skips to the next step.

Code:
alias mp_abattlers_update_phase4_step2 update_phase4_step2

def update_phase4_step2

# Insert Here
  # If not forcing action
  unless @active_battler.current_action.forcing
    # If restriction is [cannot perform action]
    if @active_battler.restriction == 4
      # Clear battler being forced into action
      $game_temp.forcing_battler = nil
      # Shift to step 1
      @phase4_step = 1
      return
    end
  end  
  # End of Insert

mp_abattlers_update_phase4_step2
  # Raise damaged flag
  for target in @target_battlers
    if target.damage.is_a?(Fixnum)
      etc....

The main facet of this code is that it checks to ensure that a battler who is incapable of performing an action SKIPS to the next battler and next phase. In otherwords, it looks for Luna, sees Luna, then SKIPS Luna before going to the next living battler. After that, it is business as usual.

Ya know? I think I said something in the CMS system request that there were no safeguards. Yup......
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moonpearl script Animated Battlers help!! x(( - by DerVVulfman - 05-20-2016, 03:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Script compatibility help Lord Vectra 3 3,636 07-25-2021, 11:42 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Adding face script on Cogwheel's RTAB Battle Status rekkatsu 15 13,107 08-25-2020, 03:09 AM
   "Wait" in the script Whisper 13 13,874 04-28-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Whisper
   Skill Cooldown script Fenriswolf 11 14,278 12-10-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Fenriswolf
   Help iwth script (RGSS Player crash) Whisper 3 7,691 06-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Whisper
   Help modifying a script Keeroh 7 9,051 06-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Question  Mog Menu script: help me stop the crazy picture movement during transitions Zachariad 4 8,728 05-31-2017, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Zachariad
   Actor names in Quest Script jreagan406 5 7,674 03-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Last Post: JayRay
   Bizarre issue with Lanzer counter script. Steel Beast 6Beets 2 6,653 10-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Steel Beast 6Beets
   Visual PaperDoll Equipment Script JayRay 0 3,931 02-16-2016, 03:44 AM
Last Post: JayRay