Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Falkoner
Falkoner
XP + ACE

by Kyonides

Introduction

Someone once asked for a script that could let some sort of airship or Crow bird travel around the world freely.
Yet, there was one weird condition, it should only land on the player himself. This is where my script comes in to solve your issues! Grinning

Just press a predefined button, and it will take off!
Press the OK button when it has returned to its owner and you've finished your exploration session!

Actually, you can watch any bird-like character flap its wings while ascending or descending.

The Falcon can also trigger switches that are NOT above the character's priority type / level.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1955]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1938]

Terms & Conditions

Free for use in non commercial games.
Contact me if you're going commercial. It's inexpensive.
Credit is mandatory.
You cannot repost it anywhere!
That's it!

Attached Files
.jpg   falkonerace01.jpg (Size: 53.16 KB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   falkonerxp01.jpg (Size: 185.53 KB / Downloads: 40)
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
My Recommendation: Upgrade Now!

The lastest installment of the script, version 1.0.3 now fixes a Bug bug that allowed the player to move before the Falcon (the green balloon) had descended completely. It lets you preset and also change its move speed and frequency in game at will.

You don't want the Airship BGM to play after releasing the Falcon?
No problem! You can enable or disable it from the very beginning by setting the value of the PLAY_AIRSHIP_BGM Constant to true or false.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Important Update!

Since version 1.1.0 you can interact with events located right below the Falcon. Of course, make sure the event the Falcon can trigger has a Priority Type like Below Character's or Same As Character's.
By the way, that green balloon is a smooth Thief criminal! Tongue sticking out

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
The Final Update?

Starting from version 1.2.0 you can watch your Falcon flap its wings while ascending or descending. It also solves the weird displacement of the followers on the map after the return of the Falcon. Now they will remain right where they stopped moving.

By the way, now the Green Balloon has been replaced by an evil Bat. If you have ever played the demo, you'll soon understand why I did so.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1938]

Note: The Followers are hidden while the evil Bat is flying around.

Really guys, the alternative would be to use 3 different scripts that are unrelated only to accomplish the same goal. My script makes it extremely easy to manipulate that evil bat.

Attached Files
.jpg   falkonerace02.jpg (Size: 53.23 KB / Downloads: 57)

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Just Another Useful Update!

Now version 1.2.1 lets you activate events like switches with your trustworthy Falcon no matter if the character's is currently facing left or right, up or down. It just needs to be on top of it to trigger it! Grinning

Curious Note on Vehicles

I'll still need to tell you something about VX ACE's default behavior of ALL Airships in RM series. There any airship like vehicle or Falcon might seem to disappear on top of the game screen. It will also stay 1 tile away from the bottom tile of the current map.

There's an easy explanation on why it does that. You see, the party's leader is following the bat everywhere, even if you're unable to see him there. What this means is that such an empty spot is actually "blocked" by that Slayne hero.

Happy with a sweat Well, technically the Orson hero isn't blocking the tile because his through flag is set to true...

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
XP's Crow Crow Could Not Stay Behind!

You see, from now on the RMXP engine can also enjoy the benefits of breeding birds like the black bird. Shocked
Thinking Is it really a Crow crow?
Happy with a sweat Who knows but it does fly long distances for sure! Two Thumbs Up! 
Just go back to the main post to find out how it looks like. Winking

By the way, version 0.9.5 has no support for activating events like its RMVX ACE counterpart does. Oops! 
Let's hope I can finally implement it in a day or two. Happy with a sweat

Don't forget!
Keep your Crow crow flapping out! Shocked

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
XPull Triggers And See What Happens Next!

Since version 0.14.1 has been released, our favorite Crow crow can trigger events on the RMXP port! Two Thumbs Up!
Actually, the demo now shows you how you can pull a trigger twice! Shocked

Happy with a sweat Even so, here is still an issue with our rebellious crow after loading saved games. It remains static until you tell it to land for the first time. Tongue sticking out From that moment onward, it works as usual. Happy with a sweat

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
An XPerienced Crow Crow Does Not Know When to Stop Flying!

Starting from version 1.0.0, the RMXP port of the Falkoner script works now smoothly Two Thumbs Up! under pretty much any circumstances! Grinning

So feel free to load your previous saved game files, the ones that were saved AFTER implementing the latest version of my script, because now you will be able to watch the black bird flap out like never before! Winking

A "hidden feature" of Falkoner XP is that the script was crafted in such an interesting and useful way that it might allow me to implement OTHER VEHICLE TYPES in the (not so near) future! Shocked

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Customize Your Maps With All Kinds of Events!

XP Version: 1.1.2
VX ACE Version: 1.3.2

Shocked Starting today, both RMXP and RMVX ACE offer you the ability to set a limit to the number of events your Crow crow or falcon can interact with.

Every map has an initial setup like the following:

For XP: Use the Map's Name!

Code:
Your Map Name<FE:A>
Your Map Name<FE:S>
Your Map Name<FE:N>

For VX ACE: Use a Map Note!

Code:
<falcon events all>
<falcon events some>
<falcon events none>

Even so, you can change that during Gamer gameplay as well. Winking

Happy with a sweat Well, there are 3 modes available right now.
  • ALL
  • SOME
  • NONE

Script Calls

Code:
$game_map.falcon_event_range = :all
$game_map.falcon_event_range = :some
$game_map.falcon_event_range = :none

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
The Crow Crow Has a New Friend!

Stop The following information applies to RMXP's port of Falkoner, version 1.2.0 only!
Well, it's not alive for it's nothing but a brand new airship! Grinning
Happy with a sweat OK, I gotta admit that it's a ripoff from RMMV adapted to XP's 4x4 charset frame format. Laughing
But it does work like any real airship would! Shocked

DISCLAIMER

This airship of "mine" is not related to the Hindenburg and has never landed in New Jersey, US. Winking
Happy with a sweat You should own RMMV if you want to use it in your personal projects because that specific charset is included in MV's default assets only. Laughing

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }