• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Level Up Common
Thumbs Up 
Level Up Common
XP + VX + ACE

by Kyonides

Introduction

For RMXP & RMVX

This simple scriptlet will let you call a given Common Event by configuring the ACTORS_EVENT in such a way that it will find the target actor's current level and call the common event if any was found.

How does it find the right common event?

Well, it is very simple to explain. The scriptlet will look for the lowest level possible.
If you set a level like 5 and your actor has just reached level 2, it will trigger the level 5's common event.
Once that actor's level goes beyond that point, it will have to search for a higher level if available.
If no other level is available, nothing will happen.
If you wanna set a specific common event for the remaining levels, 100 or your game's maximum level will suffice.

I embedded some comments in the script to help you add more actors.
Right now it will only work with Aluxes aka Alex or Ralph.

For RMVX ACE

This simple scriptlet will let you call a given Common Event by leaving an extremely simple note tag in an Actor's Note Box.

Instructions for the Old Script

Code:
<level up ce 50>

Thus once the leveling up process ends, and the level up message shows up on screen, the game will call that common event in no time.

Old Script

Instructions for the New Script

Code:
<level up 1-5 ce 100>

There 1 and 5 define the range of levels while 100 stands for the Common Event #100.

Thus once the leveling up process ends, and the level up message shows up on screen, the game will call that common event in no time.

Terms & Conditions

Free for use in ANY Gamer game.
Due credit is mandatory. Serious
Mention this forums in your game credits.
That's it! Tongue sticking out
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Ports for All RGSS-Based Makers Are Now Available Here!

First, I just posted the original version of the VX ACE port but later I changed my mind and created ports for XP and VX. Since both engines don't include a note box in the Actors database, I defined the ACTORS_EVENT constant to help the game developer set any actor's level up common event based on some sort of ranges.

Then I noticed that VX ACE should also get that feature, and that's how the updated script was released as well. This means that it relies on a different note tag now.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Maintenance Update for XP & VX!

Thanks to a forumer's report I had received yesterday, I tested my XP & VX demos and found that I needed to sort the levels first before the system ever tries to find the lowest level group possible based on the new level the hero has recently reached.

The VX ACE port was not affected by this Bug bug.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Level Up ME & SE ACE kyonides 0 262 01-24-2024, 01:59 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   Map Safety Level kyonides 6 1,675 01-06-2023, 09:22 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   Heal On Level Up ccoa 0 3,995 03-07-2008, 06:22 AM
Last Post: ccoa
   Level Up Notice Trickster 0 4,285 03-02-2008, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Trickster