Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 KyoWatch XP VX 1.0.1.1
KyoWatch XP / VX
Version: 1.0.1.1
By: Kyonides
alias Kyonides-Arkanthos, Shadowball

Introduction
It allows the player to set a clock, configure a calendar (made of simple text sprites for now), so the player may think the game has its own clock for calculating when any event might happen and it may not be affected by the OS clock / calendar at all and even so the data will look realistic. Well, the clock on the menu screen will show its hands once the clock is set. It should show / update the current time correctly.

Features
  • Digital Clock
  • Analog Clock
  • Calendar with correct data about dates (including leap year calculation)

• Can set the time from event via script call

Screenshots
For later, but you can download the demo and the script in a separate file if you like.

Demo

For both XP and VX

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ac292...51b339e393

Script
script

Instructions
The script includes a menu screen that already includes an option to enter the Clock and Calendar scene. You may need to add that option manually to any other menu like a Ring Menu script.

You may call the script like this

$scene = Scene_KyoWatch.new

To enable or disable access to the scene, use this line at any time

$game_kyowatch.no_reset = true (or false if needed)

Take a look at the Constants inside the KyoVocab module, there you can edit any graphic configuration related to the script, but there are a lot of things you may leave alone to make sure the script will work properly.

BTW, the Scene_File script was modified to include my script while saving or loading data from the save data file. Don't ever forget that! Of course, I modified the Scene_Title scene, too, to load the Game class I added named Game_KyoWatch.

Bugs
There was a little bug in a previous version that was solved in the current one (1.0.0.1). I just forgot to include an if statement twice in lines 540 and 541, I think, so the clock does not start spinning right away but just after the player set the clock at least once.

The Demo and the Script were updated.

FAQ
None yet.

Compatibility
Not sure if it's SDK compliant, maybe not, gotta check it out.

Credits and Thanks
Well, the clock graphic (except for the clock hands) are not mine but from a guy that made it for KDE (a Linux OS GUI).

Thanks, GlitchFinder for telling me about the EOF compatibility issue.

Author's Notes
Now it's also available for XP! (I also fix some little bug...)

I wished the Maker included the DateTime class... it would make it a bit easier to develop it.

Terms and Conditions
Not intended for Commercial Use.

I should be credited for the script if included in any project or game.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
UPDATED!

Now you could also use my script KyoWatch for in game time keeping even from an event. I give some examples...

Code:
$game_kyowatch.set_time( { :hour => 16,
:min => 45 } )
#or
$game_kyowatch.set_time( { :month => 9,
:year => 2050 } )

I coded it like that just in case you find the script call window width too narrow for writing it down in a single line.

You can still use this old method if you like...

Code:
$game_kyowatch.kyoclock[2] = new_day
$game_kyowatch.kyoclock[3] = new_hour # in 24 hour format
$game_kyowatch.kyoclock[4] = minutes
$game_kyowatch.frame_count = Graphics.frame_count

The script is compatible with old saved games and the name of the day is updated automatically.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Question! What if I want some certain events to happen on x day, x time, how exactly should we set it in the event?
Reply }
Would this work for something like growing crops? Like Harvest Moon or Rune Factory?
Reply }
Maybe, it'd depend on how you'd like to grow them (an event-based system or per script call). Each situation would get a different answer.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }