Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give Explocion200 support thread.
well i'v been working on my first rmxp project and i want to get opinions from friends but when they download the files the cant play the game without installing the program can someone show me how they can play without having to install the program :) thank

[blink]All of explocion's threads have been merged into one thread. This is the give explocion200 support thread.[/blink]
Reply }
you should pack the game with all the graphics it uses and the rgss10xx.dll. That way it should work
Reply }
juances19 Wrote:you should pack the game with all the graphics it uses and the rgss10xx.dll. That way it should work

can you show me how please?
Reply }
The fastest (clumbsiest) way?

Quite literally copy your 'Audio' and 'Graphics' folders where your RTP is, and paste both into your Game Projec'ts folder. The downside is you would have a download file the size of your whole RTP.
Reply }
DerVVulfman Wrote:The fastest (clumbsiest) way?

Quite literally copy your 'Audio' and 'Graphics' folders where your RTP is, and paste both into your Game Projec'ts folder. The downside is you would have a download file the size of your whole RTP.

ok but wait i still dont get it remember iam totally new to this but putting a lot of effort..

this is what happens

i have the game saved in my RPGXP folder

then i go on the program and do File/compress game data

then when thats done the icon comes in my desktop were i placed it then

i extract that then drag the audio and Graphics folder

and then zip it to a rar file is that all? or am i doing something wrong?
Reply }
Like...

Wherever you have your game folder where you are working on it... Let's say C:\MyGameFolder You should have within it, three folders: Data, Graphics and Audio.

Now those Audio and Graphics folders are probably empty. You did not add any NEW graphics but are just using the RTP. When you compile a game, any graphics or audio gets saved in that compiled game file you've been making.

Copy your graphics and audio into your project FIRST... before you compile it. Then you can send it as that sunburst icon file. No extracting required, other than making sure you have all the graphics compiled in the file.

.... It'll be big. Be smaller if you know exactly which graphics to copy over to your project. Takes time to get the hang of it. Just practice.
Reply }
DerVVulfman Wrote:Like...

Wherever you have your game folder where you are working on it... Let's say C:\MyGameFolder You should have within it, three folders: Data, Graphics and Audio.

Now those Audio and Graphics folders are probably empty. You did not add any NEW graphics but are just using the RTP. When you compile a game, any graphics or audio gets saved in that compiled game file you've been making.

Copy your graphics and audio into your project FIRST... before you compile it. Then you can send it as that sunburst icon file. No extracting required, other than making sure you have all the graphics compiled in the file.

.... It'll be big. Be smaller if you know exactly which graphics to copy over to your project. Takes time to get the hang of it. Just practice.

awesome i think i got it but i did it the long way with a rar file would you see it i did it correct? http://www.mediafire.com/?2xwxnuoyrzz thats the link to it its my first ever lol iv been learning from tutorials all around youtube and forums
Reply }
:) I got dialup. Really. I don't have time to check. But if it is humongous, ya prolly got it right.
Reply }
DerVVulfman Wrote::) I got dialup. Really. I don't have time to check. But if it is humongous, ya prolly got it right.

dialup still gets costumers? lol just kidding well ok thanks thanks for the help if i have any other questions do you mind if i ask you?
Reply }
It's 182kb and all the folders are empty.
It also doesn't have the rgss.dll file in it.
It's also a .rar files and not the self-extracting .exe RMXP makes.
So basically you did 0 of the steps required o_o/
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please give me the RGSS104E.dll DuongCool 11 25,738 03-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Kirito