Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Tagging a Common Event to an accessory
Could someone please explain how to tag/call up a common event when a particular accessory is equipped?

Let me give you the run-down of what I mean.

In my game there is only one summoner and she alone can draw the game's guardian beasties. However, during the game if the player chooses to go on a particular side quest he/she can obtain a special ring core (KEY ITEM) that, when refined, becomes an ultra-rare (EQUIPPIBLE)accessory. When equipped this accessory enables them to become substitute summoners, gaining the abilities already unlocked by the designated summoner in the party.

Example: Shiva and Ifirit are obtained by Yuna. When Rikku wears the ring she can also draw Shiva and Ifirit. But she cannot, for instance, draw Bahamut who has not yet been obtained by Yuna. When Yuna is taken by Bevelle, Rikku can STILL SUMMON IN HER PLACE, but no new Aeons can be obtained until the rightful summoner is back in the party.

With me so far? Okay, this ring also has a flip side to it. When worn it CAUSES DAMAGE every few turns (much like poison) to the wearer. When unequipped -- all summoning abilities are taken away (with no trace, i.e. dimmed type/words left over).

I've tried setting up a common event called 'Substitute Summoner' where ... when the conditional branch [PARTY MEMBER] has [RING] equipped and [AEON VARIABLE] is met, [AEON] skills appear...but this doesn't work. Or rather, I think it probably would work if I could tag it correctly.

See, I don't want the ring to appear in the key items once it has been refined into an equippible accessory, so I have no idea how to do this.

Please help me!
Reply }
Bump? Could someone please help me or at least....point me in the right direction so I can do it myself? If I knew how to get started and get this going I'm sure I could figure it out.

Again, I've meddled with the common events/etc. but couldn't get it to work. Any other suggestions? Anyone?
Reply }
Only solution I can give (since Im not a scripter,) is to do a couple of common event with parallel process, then put in some (or alot in your case) conditional branch. If the summon you obtained by storyline, then you can make a switch for that. Say if Yuna doesn't have Behemoth, the switch will be Off, meaning Rikku cannot use it. If Yuna have Behemoth, the switch is On and Rikku will be able to use it.
I don't know much these Aeons since I'm not a FF fangirl but I hope this will point you to the right direction.
Reply }
This issue has been resolved, thank you!!
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Change event graphic? Bennerdeben 2 4,290 11-15-2020, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Bennerdeben
   Event collision problem with FPLE script ThePrinceofMars 2 5,221 11-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Last Post: ThePrinceofMars
   checking event coordinates? shintashi 4 6,673 05-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Jaberwocky
    Level Up Event Script daojones 8 11,019 04-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Last Post: daojones
   make event unpassable even by jumping mangamaniacs2064 4 6,643 04-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Last Post: mangamaniacs2064
   Issue with RTAB and battle event systems... samsonite789 4 6,795 11-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Jaberwocky
   Getting the ID of "This common event". PK8 6 9,396 09-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Zeriab
   VX Show Picture Event Command Code? PK8 2 5,763 02-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Last Post: PK8