Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Advantages & Charlie Fleed CTB problem
When using your advantages with Charlie Fleed's CTB, an error happens when you turn the messages off or put nil for any of the messages, when you start a battle, one enemy attacks and the turns don't go down. Nobody is able to do anything except for that one enemy. I also tried it in the CTB demo.
Reply }
Splitting off as this is a combined Advantages/Charlie CTB problem.

But please explain 'turning off messages' ? How and where you can turn off the message window if that's what you can do?
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(12-06-2011, 06:11 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Splitting off as this is a combined Advantages/Charlie CTB problem.

But please explain 'turning off messages' ? How and where you can turn off the message window if that's what you can do?
Up top in the config, where it says:
Code:
# Configure Message Window
  ADV_DISPLAY_MSG = true
When I switch that to false, it causes the glitch noted in my last post. Then when I leave these as nil :
Code:
# Configurable Messages  ADV_PARTY_MSG   = "You have the advantage!"  ADV_TROOP_MSG   = "They surprised you!"  ADV_OFFENSIVE   = "Fight!"  ADV_SURPRISED   = "Surprised each other!"  ADV_AB_PARTY    = "Snuck up on them!"  ADV_AB_TROOP    = "It's an ambush!"

It also causes the error noted in my last post.
Reply }
Er, I turned messages off, and don't have an error. This for either enemies with the advantage or the party. Perhaps it is where you placed Advantages???

The instructions say to place it below both the battlesystem and Animated Battlers. I placed it here:

Code:
    4 - Misc Code
    5 - RTAB Patch

Animated Battler Formations
AnimBat patch for Window_Statu

Advantages!

CTB by Charlie - Game_Battler
CTB by Charlie - Game_Actor
CTB by Charlie - Altruismo, etc
CTB by Charlie - Damage and Colors
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Nope, everything is in order, but it still has that one enemy attack and no turns are being used.
Reply }
Okay, I don't get it. I nilled out the messages with the command you mentioned, so the 'Enemy has advantage" and like messages don't pop up... or cause an error.

And as to the one enemy attacking... Is that if the players have the advantage and the enemies don't? The 'panther' in the demo has a sort of 'return attack' feature. So if you hit him, he immediately hits back... even without initiative.

Ya may have to 'demo' me. If ya do... keep it small. Got dialup

Reply }
Sure I can make a demo. Or if you have dropbox, I can invite you to my folder for a little while.
Reply }
Yay! You did it! Thank you, I appreciate your help :)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   The z-space problem of displaying sprites icogil 28 7,378 03-05-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Problem with drain script form the ATOA ACBS Djigit 2 4,918 07-12-2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Djigit
   Event collision problem with FPLE script ThePrinceofMars 2 5,225 11-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Last Post: ThePrinceofMars
   Help with CTB by Charlie fleed bswi13 2 4,279 06-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Last Post: bswi13
  Custom meter problem daylights 13 14,066 08-12-2013, 03:34 AM
Last Post: daylights
   Charlie Fleed's CTB - Issue with party formation JackMonty 2 4,695 02-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Last Post: JackMonty
   [RUBY] Depack Thread Problem Narzew 1 3,925 07-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Narzew
   Charlie Fleed's CTB - Problem with dual wielding characters MegaPowerNinja 2 5,263 04-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Charlie Fleed
   Slight problem with Omega Quest script. Boot 4 7,733 03-08-2011, 02:53 AM
Last Post: BlackDragon 31
   Help on an old problem. Yin 5 8,359 12-07-2010, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Yin