Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Left Behind XP
Left Behind XP

Version: 0.3.0

by Kyonides (Kyonides-Arkanthos)

Introduction

This script lets you drop off any of your actors or all of them but one at any time by just including a very simple script call. It creates new events if needed or just add commands to an existing event depending on which map you should find the actor(s) you dropped off a while ago. The map coordinates might be manually, automatically or semi-automatically setup.

Demo

No demo needed, just paste the contents of the RB file in any section below Scene_Debug and above Main and don´t for get to include all the graphics included in the RAR file.

The demo is in Spanish only. I gotta see if I ever translate it to any other language since the script is quite easy to use.

DOWNLOAD Script & Demo

Instructions

Script Calls:

remove_actor(hero_ID, optional_parameters_1_or_3)

remove_actor_by_pos(hero_party_index, optional_parameters_1_or_3)

remove_actors(remaining_hero_ID, optional_parameters_1_or_3)

remove_actors_by_pos(remaining_hero_party_index, optional_parameters_1_or_3)

Examples:

Let's say you want to just specify who is the actor that gets dropped off and the map where he or she will show up again.

remove_actor(1, 4) # Arshes goes to map # 4

If you prefer to setup the coordinates right there, then do the following...

remove_actor(1, 4, 10, 14) # Arshes goes to map # 4, X coord - 10, Y coord - 14

If the hero will remain on the same map, there is no need to define the x and y coordinates unless you feel like it.

* End of Examples Section *

Optional - If you want to predefine an event's final x and y coordinates, then you should set it up like this...

ACTORNEWXY = {map_ID => {new_event_ID => [x, y]}}.

Inside the module, right at the beginning of the script, you may find several Constants that you may edit at will. Here are some examples for English speakers.

JOINPARTY = ['¿Rejoin group?']
JOINOPTIONS = ['Yes','No']
JOINING = ['It's always a pleasure to work with you, guys!']
NOTJOINING = ['Shame on you...']
JOINED = ["%s rejoined the group.", "%s rejoined the group."]
OTHERACTORS = ' and the others'

JOINED is a special case. If you speak any language that has a different verb conjugation mechanism than English, i.e. Spanish, German, Portuguese, you'd need to setup to different responses for an event whenever a single actor or several actors rejoin the group. As you may already noticed in English there's no need for this kind of special configuration so both sentences should be exactly the same so the script doesn't behave in an unexpected manner and people won't start yelling at the game developer for not taking care of this kind of details.

Script

Just get the RB file, open the file with notepad or notepad++ and paste the contents you know where.

FAQ

Version 0.3.0 - Nothing worth to mention.

Compatibility

Designed for RPG Maker XP.

Terms and Conditions

Free for use but not meant for commercial projects. Due credit is not optional but a must.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }