Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 RPG Maker VX Ace Lite - Free (but for how long?)
Hello and good day!

I just checked my E-Mail and stumbled upon this...

[Image: rpgmakervxacelitefree.png]

I don't know how long RPG Maker VX Ace Lite is going to be free (maybe it always is), but either way here is the link to it! Oh yeah, before I run out here is the link to the character generator the E-Mail speaks of. Anyways, I'm out!

Happy game making guys!
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
Oh cool, that's a good marketing idea. How many features are missing from the lite version compared to the full retail version?
Reply }
Now that I'm back home and actually had the time to check this...not many, really.
True, I don't work with the VX Ace, but from what I remember from the demo, I can see no missing features at all. All I can see missing is recources. Only a few music/sound tracks, less RTP graphics for various things and a popup window that reminds you that the full version has more to offer appears when you start the program.
Also, in the scripts bit there is a "Logo" part, which it sais can not be removed in the lite version. (Basically the enterbrain splashscreens.)
Honestly, from what I have seen so far: if you don't plan on using the RTP material much and like the style of this maker, this is probably your choice.
Aparently tough, the RTP graphics and sounds do not count as RTP, so they will be calculated as additional material when you compress your game.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
So it's impossible to add or modify scripts? That makes it a extremely boring and simple version of VX Ace IMHO.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Erm I don't know if that's the case. From what she said I gather that there's just one script you're unable to modify and it adds an "Enterbrain" splash screen to the start of the game. :)
Reply }
I know but I wanted to get more detailed info on that because of some rumors that I've read somewhere else.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
VX Ace Lite is the alternative to the 30 day trial system, it's still the same ol VX Ace but the features are gimped and it never expires. It doesn't reference a global RTP, any time you click New Project it has to copy those graphics directly into the folder, plus it doesn't come with everything the full RTP has. I'm thinking you can get around this by installing the official RTP and copying all the resources into the "New Project" directory, but EB might not like that too much.

Wanting to develop custom graphics and map/event out everything and all that fancy jazz? You can use the Lite version, I don't think anything is holding you back really. "What about scripting," you ask? Sorry script kiddos, you'll have to officially buy it, there is no need for you in this department if you ain't got that cash :P

Oh yeah, you can load the pre-made sample maps on the fly! The only drawback from this is I've made a couple sample maps, tried to play them and immediately get bugs for missing graphics, most notorious of them all being !Other2.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
I think there's also a limit to how many maps and events you can have.
Reply }
@Yin: Is there? Are you certain?
I have not tested it to it's limits, but that would be somewhat sad.

About the scripts: It did look like you simply could not remove the splashscreens, nothing was indicating that you could not change anything else. A quick test proved Kain Nobel to be right, however.
And if that is the case, I do not mind the Lite version as much any more. =)
It can be used as a challenge for those who allready have the VXAce, or as a path guiding you into the RPG Making. Which is what it was supposed to be, so that's good I think.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
I haven't really tried it, but I THOUGHT I read that somewhere. Maybe I was reading about the trial version o_o

Edit:
I read this on Chaos-project:
10 heroes
10 classes
126 skills
16 items
60 weapons
60 armors
30 enemies
30 troops
25 states
110 animations
10 common events
No script editor
6 Tilesets
15 events per map.
20 maps max.
Can save projects
No call script but you can use the script functions of the other event commands like variable.
You can't make it use the RMVXAce RTP. So you have to manually import resources to the project folder.

Still haven't tried it, I already have Ace, so don't really need to. But not trying it means that I can't say whether this is true or not.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   RPG Maker Unite and VRM models? JayRay 0 1,314 02-18-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: JayRay
   Small RPG Maker Games for Android Mike_Everley 0 1,506 12-23-2021, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mike_Everley
   RPG Maker series + Rants kyonides 4 5,441 08-25-2020, 12:41 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   RPG Maker has gotten progressively worse since XP Son_Rukiri 19 22,447 07-22-2018, 03:22 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
Question  Easiest 2D Sprite maker software MrFunny 2 6,072 11-28-2017, 06:19 PM
   Is RPG Maker XP still a viable option? Zaphias 10 13,697 03-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Last Post: hanetzer
   FPS Creator NOW FREE!!!! JayRay 15 26,294 01-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Dr. Schnellinger
   RPG Maker MV Announced PK8 2 7,142 04-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Starmage
   Are TCGs in RPG Maker realistic. BeJeremiah 9 15,300 06-11-2015, 03:01 AM
   [Kinda-Poll] Pattern Game for new maker hanetzer 4 7,778 01-29-2015, 11:06 PM