Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Ahzoh's Lycan ABS On/Off queries
I am still trying to figure out how to tweak DerVV's LycanABS to kinda emulate Star-Ocean's.
This kinda battle system is awesome. I also want to figure out how to get rid of system when I'm not in battle, and also get rid of the HUD stuff at top and bottom.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
To turn Lycan ON/OFF (I hardly ever use):
$ABS.active = true / nil

or better yet....

$ABS.cutscene_enable(true) or $ABS.cutscene_enable(nil)
Cutscene enabled set to 'true' makes the combat inactive, turns off dash, and turns off sneak. Good for cutscenes.

And for the hud...

$scene.hud_hide
$scene.hud_show

The help file has 'script calls' subchapters.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(12-15-2014, 05:59 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: To turn Lycan ON/OFF (I hardly ever use):
$ABS.active = true / nil

or better yet....

$ABS.cutscene_enable(true) or $ABS.cutscene_enable(nil)
Cutscene enabled set to 'true' makes the combat inactive, turns off dash, and turns off sneak. Good for cutscenes.

And for the hud...

$scene.hud_hide
$scene.hud_show

The help file has 'script calls' subchapters.

I put these inside scriptcall events?
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
Bingo. Happy

In my Lycan Demo, I have some script calls in three of those events that turn into a bridge. But then again, I show the cutscene command turned on in one of the three events on the left-most side of the Intro map. And various other features turning companions around as well as minimap stuff.

I kinda lost track where I turned cutscenes off (allowing the abs to function again) in the demo Winking with a tongue sticking out
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Since my game is set in a desert, I decided to crap everything and make new project.
Hopefully attack anims will work

Actually, I don't really have an idea on how to start my game's story, but once I do I hope that will get the ball rolling...

Reply }
The ABS off and HUD hide scripts aren't working and now I'm getting a NoMethodError: undefined method 'hud_hide' for #<Scene_Title0x7fc9b68

Reply }
Scene_Title doesn't even call 'hud_hide'. That doesn't make sense. Ya may need to demo me (barebones 1 or 2 maps with stock stuff if possible).

AND, splitting off from 'What's Up' to Code Support.

Reply }
I sort of solved the problem but now I have other issues.
Namely attack animations won't work, even if using bills sprite as an example.
I tried making enemies cast spells but they break the game with method errors
and I still don't know how to make player teleport to a map based on random encounter.
O don't have an script calls turning off the ABS or HUD, yet the HUD and stuff isn't showing up at all, and I have the graphics.

Oh, here is the file:
https://app.box.com/s/ayzqsvwkhrnl4q1x3r38
Initiate battle by talking to skeleton.
Soon as the ABS can work, I can be on my merry way I think... until I find a way to break the script again...

Reply }
Your typical sword for Aluxes, the Bronze Sword, is weapon #1. Bill's sword was weapon #34. So in the 2nd Configuration page, you'll see on line #55 how I set weapon #34 to spawn the '_Sword' animation and its timing and kick and stuff. Either change that config line to reflect sword #1, or give your guy Bill's Sword #34.

You could make multiple sword animations for each sword that way... bronze colored, dull dark gray, shining white....

That part was easy. Now I gotta see what else ya broke when I get back home and get done gazetting from time to time.

Reply }
Normally, I wouldn't double-post. But seeing that my previous post was at 1pm and you saw this two hours later (being an admin is good that way)... I had to let ya know this way I investigated some more.

First, let me inform you that you are using an out-of-date version of Lycan. I'm currently running version 9.9 while you are using an older version 8.4. The code has been cleaned up and some new methods added since the version you're running.

But, let me also state that you indeeed found an error, one that does need to be solved and thus you will be in the credits. The issue where you had a method error was when your enemies were struck by a skill that issued some form of state, though your skill (DARKNESS) didn't have the right kind of state value set. I'll talk about that later. Let me just bring up the fix.
  • Go into page "4 - Combatant Code".
  • Go to the bottom of the Game_ABS_Enemy initialize method and add @state_time = 0 right below @character_set = "".
  • That will fix the issue as I neglected to include the value into the enemies. NOW, it is version 10.0 !

Now, how to make your enemies attack with a skill. First off, the skeletons 'were' attacking with a skill. Unfortunately, the Darkness skill wasn't set up properly in the configuration section and didn't know how to hit a target. I think they were hitting themselves as you got the above mentioned error.

You wouldn't see the skill being shot out from an enemy unless you set it up as a missile effect. That would be the 'RANGE_SKILLS' array in the attack configuration page. Now the old RPGMaker XP version of the Darkness skill and what Lycan ABS (and I) have in mind for a Darkness skill are two different things. By the default notion for RPGMaker XP, it deals 'darkness damage' to a player weak to darkness elements. For Lycan, it is basically one that delivers blindness as a status ailment. But since RPGMaker XP doesn't have a blindness status ailment by default, let's add one.
  • Go into the RPGMaker XP's database system and hit the STATES tab. Then increase your max quantity of states to 17. Copy the 'Dazzle' state and paste it in position #17 and rename it to Darkness. But then get rid of that ST Dazzle animation or replace it with something of your own.
  • Now, go into your RPGMaker XP's database system and hit the SKILLS tab. Go down to the 28th skill.... Darkness.... and click on the Darkness state in the Status Change box on the right most side. You want it as a + so it applies the darkness ailment rather than removing it. So now, you have a Darkness skill that applies a darkness state to a target.
  • After that, let's make it an actual missile. Go into the Scripts Database and the 1b - Config page of Lycan. Scroll down about 100 lines until you find the RANGED_SKILLS set of arrays and choose one to tinker with. For some reason, I chose the 3rd one. Change the brackets to read RANGE_SKILLS[28] so you're now making a missile work with skill #28 (aka darkness). The speed, range, and all that is pretty much your typical stuff. But the 'Empty_Graphic' ... ahh... Change that to 'MrMo_Bomb' for laughs.
Now your enemies will appear to throw bombs at you as they attempt to inflict a darkness state on your person.

FYI: Further down the 2b - Config page is a section handling status effects. Right now, it is set up so the screen goes dark for 200 frames (5 seconds) when the player suffers from the 17th status ailment... which happens to be Darkness.

Setting up your system to turn on the HUD is easy. Again, the script call is $scene.hud_show to turn it on, and $scne.hud_hide to remove it. Let's look at your Teleport Event on MAP001.
Code:
@>Transfer Player:[002: Battlefield], (009,013)
@>
All I did was add a script call that turned on the hud. Now it looks like this:
Code:
@>Transfer Player:[002: Battlefield], (009,013)
@>Script: $scene.hud_show
@>

Seeing that you didn't have version 9.9, you don't HAVE the $ABS.cutscene_enable script call. So right now, you do need to use $ABS.active instead (or until you get 9.9 or better).

I just made an event that ran this:

Code:
@>Script: $ABS.active = nil
@>

And the enemies stopped actively attacking.

Confused Unfortunately, any already set to 'follow the player' still do. And it doesn't stop you from attacking them, so there's a couple more things to add.

Technically, just shoving the following line into 3C - ABS Engine (Player) right after the update_jump command in def update_player should prevent the player from doing any attacks if the ABS is off.
Code:
return unless @active == true

More stuff coming I guess. :P

If you're having issues with Gloria trying to heal everyone, and ... CRASHING... I know why.

I set the healing skill (skill #1) to be a 'consumable skill'. That means, it is a skill that actually uses an item, whether it be a talisman or a potion. Now, the item need NOT be consumed... so a skill may need a talisman, but not destroy or use it up. But it CAN be consumable like how one uses up a potion.

In the config for the consumable items, I set the Healing skill to use up item #37, "Granny's GoGo Juice" from the demo. As you reset the databases back to default, you wiped Granny's item from system. So ... it tries looking for an item you don't even have in the system. *BLAM... CRASH... CRUNCH.... ..... BURRRRRN*

As to making your character teleport to a random map from an encounter?

Are you thinking of using RPGMaker XP's Random encounters (ie in Map Properties) to make it so you don't go to the default battlesystem but to an actual map?

Or are you thinking that after encountering an event on the map, you are teleported between 1 of 3 maps based on a selection in that event?

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Lycan abs - Making enemies flee on sight ChickenFetus 1 3,933 06-07-2016, 04:39 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
Question  Lycan ABS - Weapon display Jetboy 4 6,327 07-14-2015, 06:02 AM
   Lycan ABS + GPlats? swickster 5 8,561 09-16-2014, 04:44 AM