Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 DWARF-STYLED BAIT
Trust me guys, I didn't come up with this.
I got this from a youtube video recounting pen-n-paper RPG stories.
Unfortunately, no names were attributed.

DWARF-STYLED BAIT

Years ago, I played my very first D&D campaign. I was in a group that consisted of a human fighter (myself), a halfling rogue, an elven wizard, a human paladin, and a very stubborn dwarven monk.

We were pretty deep in a dungeon at this point and came across a very narrow section of tunnel leading into what looked like a labyrinth.  We could hear noises of creatures down in the maze, but could not see them.  We determined they were hiding in the many offshoots in the tunnels.

The dwarf monk turned to us with an amazingly stupid idea. He wanted to draw these baddies out into the larger tunnel to fight them instead of being forced to fight in the confined space of the maze.  He took the rope from the rogue and tied it to himself. He instructed the paladin and myself to hold onto the other end and said, "Watch this!"

He took off at a full sprint into the tunnels screaming at the top of his lungs. Instantly we hear terrifying noises of ghouls attacking our brave monk. The rope goes taught and he yells "PULL!"

The paladin and I roll well on our strength checks and heave the monk, and half a dozen ghouls that are attached to him into the larger chamber.

We proceed to defeat them.

And that's how you go fishing for ghouls.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }