Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Hi, from Taiwan!
Lightbulb 
Hi,
I'm kiyasu who's been around the RPG Maker community and have some released games I've worked on (most notable and where I pretty much have "full control" over is Star Shift Origins) and a bigger VX Ace project in the works using custom-scripted LMBS (and not Moghunter's). I own pretty much all the PC releases of RPG Maker, but like to stick to VX Ace and will never jump to MV/MZ unless if it's other people's project, like Star Shift, where I'm lead staff in. VX Ace is a wonderful, solid engine. :D

I noticed I must post an introduction post to remove the restrictions on my account, so here I go!
Kiyasu

P.S. At this time, I'm open to meeting new people and I add, follow, and/or subscribe to everyone who adds me. So if anyone wants to add me and make a new contact, here are my accounts:
Discord account: kiyasu#7060
itch.io account: https://kiyasu.itch.io
Steam: Ask me for my Steam profile.
Web site: http://www.kiyasugreen.com
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/KiyasuOka
E-mail address: kiyasu [at] kiyasugreen.com
Reply }
She's safe, VVulfy. You can let her in.
Reply }
(Steps out of the shadows and hides the crossbow) HI! welcome to Save-Point!
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }
*HOWUUU!!!!*  (Translation from Lycan:  Heyoooo!)

Yep, the intro-posting thing is needed... It shows you're not some bot that somehow got past our protections.  We had a lot come through just over a year ago  *cringe*.

So, a VXAce user, eh?  We don't get many posts of actual VXAcers...  So if you feel like posting some things, feel free.  Insofar as graphics, a lot is pretty universal, right?  Its really funny when someone asks me a VXAce support query... as if I have VXAce.  Oh, wait.... I have a copy of all the scripts.  I just can't use them with XP. :P  So hey, we now have another expert.

... Funny how you brought up Moggy's scripts.  He make brilliant looking interfaces.  Tis a pity that they look like spaghetti code and tend to lag and stuff.  Oh yeah, I know.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Hello and welcome!

Come for the weather, stay for the tea. We are a friendly bunch of rabble rousers.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }
+1 for tea.
Welcome!
Reply }
You butts! Now i wanna make me some tea! :0

Glad you're getting such a warm welcome,. Kiyasu~!
Reply }
Oh hey, everyone! Thanks for the welcome! And I love tea :D (And I initially thought to quote every post here, but turns out that wasn't really necessary.)

I didn't mention in my introduction that I draw artwork and also publish card decks, so might as well share that as well: http://www.kiyasugreen.com/portfolio (my artwork). I also run an Etsy shop that I started several months ago at https://www.etsy.com/shop/kiyasu ^^ So I haven't been much on RPG Maker stuff lately due to the new shop. I publish card decks at least once every one or two months.

(01-26-2023, 03:22 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: *HOWUUU!!!!*  (Translation from Lycan:  Heyoooo!)

Yep, the intro-posting thing is needed... It shows you're not some bot that somehow got past our protections.  We had a lot come through just over a year ago  *cringe*.

So, a VXAce user, eh?  We don't get many posts of actual VXAcers...  So if you feel like posting some things, feel free.  Insofar as graphics, a lot is pretty universal, right?  Its really funny when someone asks me a VXAce support query... as if I have VXAce.  Oh, wait.... I have a copy of all the scripts.  I just can't use them with XP. :P  So hey, we now have another expert.

... Funny how you brought up Moggy's scripts.  He make brilliant looking interfaces.  Tis a pity that they look like spaghetti code and tend to lag and stuff.  Oh yeah, I know.

Oh cool, nice to have someone who seems to be firm on XP. (Oh yeah, and about the code, I think it is some kind of a common programmer thing where Mog's code is considered messy and unprofessional for public releases. Like scripters that don't really want to clean up his code or something.) I think the RMN Holiday Calendar community game I played is from RMXP as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dV1QHlnkWw

I have a lot of feelings for RMXP and RMVXA games. :D Anyone here up for mutual follows, subscriptions, and/or friend adds by the way? (I kind of do this with pretty much everyone I meet.) Would like to have more friends on YouTube, itch.io, Steam, Discord, etc. ^^

Anyway, I'm quite surprised at how active(?) this community seems, and pretty cool to receive quite some replies to my introduction post quickly. :D
Kiyasu
Reply }
(01-26-2023, 01:40 PM)kiyasu Wrote: I think the RMN Holiday Calendar community game I played is from RMXP as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dV1QHlnkWw

Just from looking at the font/text used from the beginning, told me that the engine pre-dates RPGMaker XP.  Its using spritefonts, or SFonts, to render the text and not actual TTF fonts like RPGMaker XP and newer chose to use. This game was developed with RPGMaker 2003.  Hell, it could have been developed with RPGMaker 2000, but that was never released by ASCII, Inc. to western audiences and was made available to the West by Don Miguel (a Russian RPG enthusiast).  That itself is a separate story, but did kickstart RPGMaker's interest outside of Japan.

Oh... if you didn't catch the 'rules' of the board (found here), you 'CAN' put your portfolio and like links in your signature. Tastefully, of course. And nothing like bitcoin, or gambling or... yeeeeeesh content.  Winking
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(01-26-2023, 03:28 PM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Just from looking at the font/text used from the beginning, told me that the engine pre-dates RPGMaker XP.  Its using spritefonts, or SFonts, to render the text and not actual TTF fonts like RPGMaker XP and newer chose to use. This game was developed with RPGMaker 2003.  Hell, it could have been developed with RPGMaker 2000, but that was never released by ASCII, Inc. to western audiences and was made available to the West by Don Miguel (a Russian RPG enthusiast).  That itself is a separate story, but did kickstart RPGMaker's interest outside of Japan.

Ah woops, it is RPGMaker 2003. I had to redownload RTP before playing that game and reinstalled RPG Maker 2003 for that, so... I feel a bit embarrassed I somehow thought of it as an RMXP game afterwards. *super embarrassed*

And thanks for the link to the rules. No idea there was a page like that. I'll do signature links for that :D
Reply }