Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 KSkillNeedState
KSkillNeedState
XP + VX + ACE

by Kyonides Arkanthes

Introduction

Do you need to restrict the usage of a skill by forcing the hero to get a specific state first?

Now you can do that! :D

In XP's case

Adjust the values of the SKILL_STATE_IDS Constant at will.
Example: { SkillID1 => StateID1, etc. }

Code:
module KSkillNeedState
  ANTI_PHYS_STATE_ID = 19
  SKILL_STATE_IDS = { 57 => 17 }
  NOT_STATE_IDS = { 57 => 18 }
end

In VX & VX ACE

The only thing you need to do is leaving a very specific note in the skill's note box.

_need state ID_
_not state ID_
_need state ID_not state ID_

Replace ID with a number.

Terms & Conditions

Free as in beer.
Include my nickname in your game credits.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
A Quick Update Part 1!

Today I have revisited these scripts to make sure they will be updated in a single place only. Then I noticed Detective that the RMXP port did not allow you to set different state requirements for different skills.

That made me feel the urge to upgrade it and now it offers you a Hash that will let you set as many Skill-State requirements as deemed necessary! Grinning
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
A Quick Update Part 2!

I got even more inspiration as to include another interesting feature: the minus states!

Normally, that would remove a state, but in this context it stands for the states the Skill needs you NOT to have acquired before selecting your skill.

For the XP port I have implemented a brand new Constant.
In the VX & VX ACE ports, a new note tag has been added!

All the 3 scripts have been updated and tested thoroughly! Grinning

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
I tried the demo and I've got a question: is it possible to set one state for several skills? I want to create an ailment that works like silence/mute but for physical skills.
Reply }
RMXP Port Got Upgraded! Grinning
And its Heroes Aren't Happy About That! Happy with a sweat 

From now on, you can set the ANTI_PHYS_STATE_ID Constant to any State ID and it will turn it into some terrible anti-physical state that won't let Alex use any of his physical skills like Cross Cut. Confused
The same would happen to Basil or any other brave Orson warrior. Shocked

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
RMVX is Also Suffering Now!

What happened there is that you can also make your heroes suffer by being inflicted with the anti-physical state thanks to the ANTI_PHYS_STATE_ID Constant.

Yes, the very same feature available on RMXP has been ported to VX as well! Winking

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
I tested it and works perfectly.

Now, time to choose an icon and a name for the ailment. Time to hit the usual wikis for inspiration.
Reply }