Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Notification of Arduous Work Performed
Dear Friends,

You may have noticed a slight slowdown in my own posting.  This is not without reason, the reason being forum maintenance, backups, and data acquisition.

First, you may have witnessed a new thread within the Resources Database forum; a topic that has attached contents of a Geosites board owned by Japanese hoster named D・M. This board, now extinct is one of a number of sites I have encountered while working to backup and secure material from another site, RPG Maker Central.

I was advised to look at RPG Maker Central and attempt to create another Archive sub-forum as done for the 2010 version of RMXP.Org* and Creation Asylum. Considering whether to perform a back-up or save of the site required little incentive, the board itself having hiccups whereby the site would go blank for some days.
* The original RMXP.Org was rebranded "HBGames", afterwhich the domain name of RMXP.Org became available for a short time. It is the short-lived RMXP.Org that was archived.

It has been an arduous task, many of the resources which RPG Maker Central suggests to contain are have vanished.  That is not to say that recovery of these resources are not possible, but a fair number were hosted at sites that the Internet Archive (or Wayback Machine) had no access (ie Imageshack, tekepon, etc). Still, I have currently amassed 6 MB of salvaged resources, and soon intend to archive the scripts database... minus any scripts already hosted within our board.

Simple fact. As of right now, RPG Maker Central is once again down.

●    ●    ●

Second, the board software has a bit of an issue.  There is no danger to our site, though the 2021 Hacker and 500-spammer flood had an unforseen side-affect. Save-Point now no longer has the ability to create new subforums. This may seem like a mere nuisance. I mean, we have 50 (Fifty) subforums! And the issue created actually prevents conversion to another forum software. So it is something that needs to be addressed.

For this, a manual backup of every account and post has been launched.  By manual, I literally mean... manually recreated by hand, retyped one by one, kept within actual member ID and thread order.  This is obviously an even more arduous process, and one that will sadly take months. Yet, this approach had been performed to save forum content in the past.

Please be advised. If your eMail within the board is not up-to-date, please update it now, and send me a notice that your eMail has been changed. This, for the manual backup.

●    ●    ●

Third, forum security is still a top priority. Our board still adopts strict policies that accounts whose IP addresses had performed improper activites such as hacking, inserting malware, flooding sites with spam, will be immediately banned. And our policy forbidding the use of disposable or fraudulent eMail accounts is likewise being enforced.

Yes, some individuals may think it be fine to make a fake eMail to register to merely garner resources. But the basis of forums are that they are a service meant to share content and ideas. And such accounts that violate these requirements mean to either share nothing or solely send spam content.

Thank you for this consideration.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }