Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 The z-space problem of displaying sprites
Something at once overlooked, and at once... not.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1776]

The above window may not look like much at first glance, but do glance at a few things which I will point out.  First is that Aluxes is not wearing shoes and he seems to have a mythril blue sword in his right hand.  Then, glance at a buck-nekkid Basil. Hopefully that shield is covering enough.

When one creates a visual equipment / paperdoll system, it is the save file window that tends to be forgotten. Or perhaps coders decline to do so as it involved tampering with the list of game data objects (Game_System, Game_Switches, etc.) that are copied into the save-files themselves.  Tampering with those is a very... very... delicate procedure.

However, to render the heroes with the appropriate gear and appearance, I had need to access the list of actors within each save-file, and this included their currently equipped gear so the updated bitmaps with their weapons and armor could be rendered.

Again, this is a tricky thing.  But ... well... When have I paid attention when someone said things cannot be done?  They used to say you can't make a new database object that gets saved without messing with the Marshalled list of data objects.  BAH!  What do they know?  Not much as I proved them wrong...  Years ago, I worked out a technique that can save 'extra data' into Game_System.  And since Game_System IS one of the already listed files stored within the save-games, no change to the list was even done!  No harm... no foul.

Oh, and more advances???

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1777]

What is that in Aluxes's hands?  TWO WEAPONS?  Indeed they are!

As of now, the work I have will also work with my MultiSlots system.   This means, that the script can allow you to use all five equipment slots, and whatever extra slots you wish to include... even HIDDEN slots.

For example... the odd character with no face or hair under the tree has a set of wings assigned to 'Hidden' Equipment Slot #8.  Hidden slots can be fun if you wanna put some item that is irremovable from the actors in your party...

As of now, I can't think of other contributions to be made to this setup.  So some graphic work for demos will be made. And then code cleanup and instructions down the line.

Attached Files
.png   SaveScreen.png (Size: 14.9 KB / Downloads: 24)
.png   TwoWeapons.png (Size: 26.04 KB / Downloads: 24)
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: The z-space problem of displaying sprites - by DerVVulfman - 02-28-2023, 09:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Problem with drain script form the ATOA ACBS Djigit 2 4,952 07-12-2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Djigit
   Event collision problem with FPLE script ThePrinceofMars 2 5,259 11-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Last Post: ThePrinceofMars
  Custom meter problem daylights 13 14,170 08-12-2013, 03:34 AM
Last Post: daylights
   [RUBY] Depack Thread Problem Narzew 1 3,947 07-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Narzew
   Advantages & Charlie Fleed CTB problem Yin 7 10,767 12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Yin
   Charlie Fleed's CTB - Problem with dual wielding characters MegaPowerNinja 2 5,297 04-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Charlie Fleed
   Slight problem with Omega Quest script. Boot 4 7,781 03-08-2011, 02:53 AM
Last Post: BlackDragon 31
   Help on an old problem. Yin 5 8,421 12-07-2010, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Yin
   AMS script problem Thehero 2 5,932 05-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Jaberwocky
   Window Visibility Problem computerwizoo7 7 10,118 05-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Last Post: deValdr