Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Variable Logger and Debugger
Variable Logger and Debugger
Version: 1.1

Introduction
This script allows you to see all of the instance variables of a class and the classes instance variables and global variables and their instance variables and allows you to edit them in game if the $DEBUG Flag is set and a key (your choice default F11) is pressed. This script can be called from any scene as long as It inherits from the Scene_Base Class otherwise it will not come up. This is a better version of the Default F9 Debugger.

Demo
Download Here

Script
The families said they hate debugging (couldn't think of anything better...)

Instructions
Just add above main, I'm sure the miniscene setup is easy enough to follow

Some Restrictions though
------------------------
  • You may not change the sizes of an array or hash
  • You can not change the data-type of some classes (ex Array, Hash, Insert User Defined class here) but you can change the data-type of the following (String, Numeric, Range, TrueClass, FalseClass, Symbol, Regexp, NilClass, Proc) although imo it would be really really moronic to change the data type to something incompatible (ex String -> Integer, Proc -> Regexp)
  • You can't create an error (It will automattically catch it and the it will be displayed on the line and as an added bonus for your failure at getting it right you have to delete the whole line ;))
  • I wouldn't touch the system global variables If I were you (you can tell what these are since they are the two letter global variable for example $! is the Exception global variable Exceptions when they are raised get stored to here). If you want to be safe you should only mess with $data_ and $game_ arrays they are safe
  • You may not add instance variables global variables using this

FAQ
Note: Permission granted by Trickster to post:
Quote:And if you post what you have now of my stuff then you don't have the latest versions. I'm too lazy/busy to post stuff.
As this is his material, it is deletable upon his request. Due to his current absense, no support is available. Please do not PM or eMail him for support.

Compatibility
SDK 2.x compliant
Works if the current scene inherits from Scene_Base
Requires Near's Input Module (available in the demo)
Requires MACL 2.0 (Libraries required found in demo)

Credits and Thanks
Me for the idea

Author's Notes
I know I forgot to add class variables but really who uses those :p I may add them in a future update

For some added fun I have hidden some instance variables throughout the default scripts FIND THEM NOW!!! :D

And yes the hidden classes don't have instance variables so you can not edit those I may add support for setter instance/class methods in a future update (ex method=)

Terms and Conditions
Hey, I posted this publicly. You can use it. What do you expect? But if you do use it, I do expect you to spell my name correctly in your game. And yes you can use it in commercial games too.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Name Game Switch & Variable RG kyonides 0 522 06-27-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: kyonides
   Variable Extraction Generator DerVVulfman 0 2,461 07-20-2020, 06:58 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   DoubleX RMVXA Variable Pointers DoubleX 0 3,598 06-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Last Post: DoubleX
   Screen Tint Debugger MechanicalPen 0 4,227 11-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Last Post: MechanicalPen
   Variable-Based Battle Themes v1.1 PK8 2 6,491 11-27-2009, 07:29 PM