Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 XAIL MENU from RPG VX ACE to RPG XP
Here's the original Xail menu
[Image: xs-menu-delux.png]
And here's what I have now
[Image: attachment.php?aid=568]

How do you like me now??? Winking

The system is now going through some cosmetic system upgrades. No actual notes on HOW to config things, but there is plenty to do.

I got the side stats window to right-justify now. Yay! Oh, and I decided to use the icons in the Xail screenshot, though I didn't clean up the star or sword icon.
Now, there is a feature that lets one change the windowskin of the menu akin to the original XAIL system's MENU_SKIN configurable value. However, one need not use the traditional windowskin feature, and can use background images. You may even allow for a second image behind which can scroll according to your desired settings, much like a Moghunter menu. Or if you prefer, you may set the system up so the field map can be shown behind the menu itself.
However, there is one caveat about using a background image behind the menu. The image will not expand if a new menu option is activated and shown as part of the new 'hidden/reveal' menu option. But you can set the command window to scroll if you so choose.

There are still things on my hit list:
  1. The alteration of the party window so certain options (level, class, exp, status) can be deactivated. Not all menu windows are created equally.
  2. Settings for the 'Status Effect' text option. It currently shows a bit off to the side, but that's because it hasn't been touched. Icons may be an option
  3. Xail's music-in-menu system.
  4. Formations. I need to add a feature so one may have a party rearrange feature, something separate from a party recruitment option.
  5. FOOD. Okay, I'm hungry.
  6. Still no time window. Meh. It should be its own separate method in the system so a day/night system can be added.
  7. Options to re-activate/re-display classic 'Steps, Gold and Time' window options.
  8. Feed the cats.
  9. Custom Bar Add-ons. The current bars in display are cogwheel bars, not exactly set up for this system. And I do not wish interference with other systems.
  10. Party Member Disable Visibility. Some menu options may be set only for a particular member. SO... why not make all the others disabled in appearance?
Is there anything on that list that's missing?????

Well, if one is using OTHER Moghunter menus such as Item, Skills... You might as well be able to customize this system to resemble a Moggy Menu as well as being a kickin' Windowskin-based menu. I'm all about the options.

Well, that's all. Ciao.

Attached Files
.png   Xail_Rnd_3.png (Size: 424.71 KB / Downloads: 73)
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: XAIL MENU from RPG VX ACE to RPG XP - by DerVVulfman - 03-30-2016, 07:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Need help with my menu - Current issue is item grid layout LilyFrog 41 33,130 09-24-2018, 02:03 AM
Last Post: LilyFrog
   Special Items Separate Menu Diorm 41 36,457 02-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Diorm
Question  Mog Menu script: help me stop the crazy picture movement during transitions Zachariad 4 8,642 05-31-2017, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Zachariad
Tongue  Healing Spell doesn't work right in Menu? Bounty Hunter Lani 8 11,077 01-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Bounty Hunter Lani
   My Options Menu needs help firestalker 0 2,987 08-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: firestalker
   Vx Ace Custom Menu help? Skitzen 1 4,903 10-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   Dargor's Large Party script and shop menu Simon Greedwell 2 6,040 08-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Simon Greedwell
   Help with Shop Menu [RPG Maker XP] JackMonty 6 11,799 05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Last Post: JackMonty
Brick Sub-menu Tab Iqus 5 8,050 01-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Pherione
   Help with Compact Menu Selection Script JackMonty 4 6,335 09-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Last Post: JackMonty