Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 XAIL MENU from RPG VX ACE to RPG XP
Hey! Time for the final touches!!!!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=571]

This screenshot is of the system using normal windowskins. However, there are things happening in this system.

One is that you see Basil suffering from status ailments. If this were an animated gif, you would see even more as it goes from one ailment to another in a rotating fashion. This can be replaced with a stylized icon for each ailment.

Another is that I changed the formation of the party 'AFTER' making Basil sick. The status ailments do properly adjust to the right location and hover over the correct hero. That's a big whoop.

And another is that you can see that I highlighted Hilda after choosing the 'Order' option. This feature is the built-in party reorder system which lets you decide if Aluxes should be the party leader or Gloria if you want. It is build in and handy. Oh, the color of the name highlight configurable.

Tongue sticking out Oh, and for those wondering... I did change the text in the top right to read 'Coin Purse' for the rupees. So it no longer reads "Gold: 0 Rupees"

But now... it has a system to draw HP/SP/EXP bars for the customized menu system!

The bar system allows you to use pre-rendered graphics in the Graphics\Bars folder, much like the Gradient Bars script by Trickster or Moghunter's menu system. But it also has a default 'gradient rendering' system which means you set two colors per bar (not including the background), and it draws from one color to another. A tiny bit of the MACL was added, a color_between module by SephirothSpawn which made coding so mush cleaner.

However, it also has the ability to autodetect four different bar systems: Near Fantastica's, ParaDog's, Fukuyama's and SephirothSpawn's. If you are using the RTAB battlesystem, the Near Fantastica method will be available otherwise you would need some outside script. Likewise, using ParaDog's CTB affords you his bar system. And while not many knew Fukuyama (aka XRXS) even made a bar system, MakirouAru did and used it in his CTB. But you will need to set the system to use the custom bar option. It won't just use it immediately. AND you have to set the color scheme for each option.

The example above shows the use of SephirothSpawn's bars used with a simple RED to GREEN color scheme for each bar. Ideally, yuo would want a reddish scheme for health, maybe blue for skills and ... well, whatever you like for experience.

But it is nearly done. My next post regarding this SHOULD be the actual Demo topic itself!!!

.png   Xail_Rnd_3.png (Size: 50.05 KB / Downloads: 38)
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: XAIL MENU from RPG VX ACE to RPG XP - by DerVVulfman - 04-19-2016, 09:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Need help with my menu - Current issue is item grid layout LilyFrog 41 33,132 09-24-2018, 02:03 AM
Last Post: LilyFrog
   Special Items Separate Menu Diorm 41 36,481 02-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Diorm
Question  Mog Menu script: help me stop the crazy picture movement during transitions Zachariad 4 8,643 05-31-2017, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Zachariad
Tongue  Healing Spell doesn't work right in Menu? Bounty Hunter Lani 8 11,078 01-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Bounty Hunter Lani
   My Options Menu needs help firestalker 0 2,987 08-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: firestalker
   Vx Ace Custom Menu help? Skitzen 1 4,903 10-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   Dargor's Large Party script and shop menu Simon Greedwell 2 6,040 08-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Simon Greedwell
   Help with Shop Menu [RPG Maker XP] JackMonty 6 11,799 05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Last Post: JackMonty
Brick Sub-menu Tab Iqus 5 8,050 01-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Pherione
   Help with Compact Menu Selection Script JackMonty 4 6,337 09-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Last Post: JackMonty