Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 The z-space problem of displaying sprites
Okay, I currently isolated the system that creates the final-result bitmap to its own method within my Paperdoll module. So it no longer needs to be duplicated within both Sprite_Character and the 'draw_actor_graphic' method of Window_Base. This will make future work easier as I don't have to do the same thing over and over and over.

I wonder why other scripters never thought of that? Laughing

In fact... here's the draw_actor_graphic method
Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Draw Graphic
  #     actor : actor
  #     x     : draw spot x-coordinate
  #     y     : draw spot y-coordinate
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def draw_actor_graphic(actor, x, y)
    return if actor.nil?
    bmp       = Paperdoll.get_graphic(actor, actor.character_name,
                  actor.character_hue)
    cw        = bmp.width  / 4
    ch        = bmp.height / 4
    # Set the rectangle
    src_rect  = Rect.new(0, 0, cw, ch)
    self.contents.blt(x - cw / 2, y - ch, bmp, src_rect, 255)
  end
The above section only registers one, and only one, bitmap image. It is the final product generated from the various layers. The sprite itself has only one bitmap image too. Only one if you do not use a paperdoll system and only one IF you use a paperdoll system. Paperdoll systems do not show 2,3 or 5 layers atop each other at the same time. It takes your character, gets the bitmap from it, and then blits another image on top of it, and then saves that bitmap now altered. No multiple layers shown... only one after it has been altered.

As to other Visual Equipment scripts, it appears that Geso Chisku had intended... 'had' ... intended... to have multiple size graphics as you desired. But his script was last updated in 2014, and it was never added.

Towards z-Depth, let me re-iterate...

The work which handles order of the individual graphic layers is done within the sprite rendering system itself. No zDepth is needed, nor has it ever been used in any Visual Equipment script, be it Geso's, Me™'s, Rataime's, or any other I have seen. This includes "Composite Graphics / Visual Equipment" v 1.0.1 © January 13, 2013 by Modern Algebra for RPGMaker VXAce, or "Visual Equpment!" v 1.1b © November 12, 2015 by Rexal for RPGMaker MV (the only one I know that is free at WEB).

The only z-Depth that matters is the base character walking about.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: The z-space problem of displaying sprites - by DerVVulfman - 02-21-2023, 09:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Problem with drain script form the ATOA ACBS Djigit 2 4,956 07-12-2015, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Djigit
   Event collision problem with FPLE script ThePrinceofMars 2 5,268 11-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Last Post: ThePrinceofMars
  Custom meter problem daylights 13 14,187 08-12-2013, 03:34 AM
Last Post: daylights
   [RUBY] Depack Thread Problem Narzew 1 3,950 07-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Narzew
   Advantages & Charlie Fleed CTB problem Yin 7 10,772 12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Yin
   Charlie Fleed's CTB - Problem with dual wielding characters MegaPowerNinja 2 5,310 04-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Charlie Fleed
   Slight problem with Omega Quest script. Boot 4 7,793 03-08-2011, 02:53 AM
Last Post: BlackDragon 31
   Help on an old problem. Yin 5 8,432 12-07-2010, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Yin
   AMS script problem Thehero 2 5,943 05-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Jaberwocky
   Window Visibility Problem computerwizoo7 7 10,147 05-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Last Post: deValdr