Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Possible means to speed up Bitmap TONE code?
(06-11-2023, 06:21 AM)kyonides Wrote: Nonetheless, your benchmarks, whether hypothetical or not, would be worrisome for a method that only needs to keep track of a single color. Confused I wonder why that'd be quite slow here.
Oh, it's not keeping track of a single color. This method takes the values supplied, goes through every pixel, alters the color of each individual pixel, and reapplies based on the values provided.

Unfortunately, I expect it would be just as slow with your invert scriptette since it too needs to go through every pixel, acquire the pixel color, and reapply with set_pixel with an altered color.

(06-11-2023, 09:41 AM)Kain Nobel Wrote: I believe Tone is a read-only Sprite property with Viewport having ownership of the Tone object in question. In other words, I don't think any of the Sprite objects holds a unique Tone, I believe it all goes back to Viewport. When referencing sprite.tone, I believe you're receiving sprite.viewport.tone. If you were adjust the "sprite's tone", you'd be adjusting the global tone used for all sprites, hence why they don't have sprite.adjust_tone.

Nope. Both the Sprite class and the Viewport class have 'tone' properties that may be applied. So you can change the tone of a viewport and make it deep red, and apply a deep green to a few select sprites as well. SCREWED UP TONE ATTACK, HOOOO!

Insofar as the math, you would assume colors are 0-255. But to reduce the brightness, you apply a negative version. So the actual adjustment range is from -255 to 255.

And colors range initially from 0-255. Now if the image is quite white, you would need to reduce one (or more) of the three color values down to -255 to make black or near black. No rounding values to percentages... gotta be specific to the individual units.

Ahem... could be food for thought to include such additions in C++ code for ReGaL and/or Hidden Chest to permit such commands.

So no one would have knowledge of any means to use DirectDraw or applicable functions in place?
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible means to speed up Bitmap TONE code? - by DerVVulfman - 06-11-2023, 06:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Permanently modifying move speed Keeroh 5 8,697 05-24-2017, 05:47 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Meagan's Particles' speed Raou 6 8,381 04-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Raou
   Custom Game_Event code lags too much! MechanicalPen 4 5,972 06-27-2013, 11:22 PM
Last Post: MechanicalPen
   Ruby, RGSS & General Code Discussion Kain Nobel 6 10,039 12-22-2012, 05:11 AM
Last Post: MechanicalPen
   Getting bitmap width and height of leading party member? PK8 5 7,744 08-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel
   Pixelmovement and speed ark 2 5,083 05-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Last Post: ark
   VX Show Picture Event Command Code? PK8 2 5,895 02-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Last Post: PK8