Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Getting bitmap width and height of leading party member?
Hey there, not sure if anyone can help me with this. I'm rusty at scripting, and normally I would've been able to do this within mere minutes but I don't remember some of the variables. How do I get the bitmap width and height of the leading party member?

Edit (5/28/11 at 7:54pm): I forgot to mention "character sprites."
Edit 2 (5/28/11 at 7:58pm): I was focusing solely on RPG Maker XP when I posted this, but feel free to provide an answer for VX as well. I know VX has to be a lot more difficult since you have to deal with two types of charactersets: One involving a character in a set, the other involving eight in a set.
Reply }
Sent ya the code. Hope it works.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
You should post it here, in case anyone else is feeling curious. Thanks a ton!
Reply }
Laughing + Tongue sticking out Didn't save it. But it was practically a rip from Sprite_Character
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
First of all I would like to say that possibly you already know the answer at some point in the last 15 months but I don't care about this. Perhaps someone else doesn't have a clue about how to get that like you did long time ago.

In XP the common width is 32 px and the height should be 48 px (whenever they are displayed on screen). Now my question should be if you're currently using characters that are bigger than default RTP hero characters like those nasty monsters already included there.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
You'll have to call the character bitmap, then divide their width and height by 4.

Code:
bitmap = RPG::Cache.character(name, hue)
width = bitmap.width / 4
height = bitmap.height / 4
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Possible means to speed up Bitmap TONE code? DerVVulfman 7 1,467 06-11-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: kyonides
   Help with Change Party Order script VEE-Chary 12 12,840 05-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Last Post: VEE-Chary
   Dargor's Large Party script and shop menu Simon Greedwell 2 5,942 08-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Simon Greedwell
   Charlie Fleed's CTB - Issue with party formation JackMonty 2 4,625 02-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Last Post: JackMonty
   Help with Party Changer Script JackMonty 0 2,557 09-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JackMonty
   Party Change Script Trouble aveyondstars 2 4,587 04-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Boot
   Dargor's Party Changer Shake2772 8 8,895 03-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Shake2772
   Ring Menu + Actor Train? Other party members dissapear... Shadowgaz 2 5,690 05-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Shadowgaz