Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 [Atoa SBS] Changing the command window font
Battle System: Atoa's Sideview Battle System 2.1 (XP)

Time for me to put my foot in my mouth. Having trouble figuring out how to change the actor command window font now. I thought I knew how...

But I do not.

Really wishing Atoa would have put out an instruction manual =(
Reply }
Well, the original author doesn't seem to be supporting it and Atoa's strived to fix as many holes as he did in this VX to XP translation But with as many problems it has, he couldn't go on supporting it. That's why it was closed. Atoa's got his ACBS system anyway.

But far be it from me just saying... there's nothing to be done!

I do hate rewriting base scripts, but this MAY help.

Paste this right below Scene_Debug and above your custom scripts:
Window_Command Rewrite

By default, it should act as normal. The regular commands asking to create a command window should be unaffected. But if you also include a font name when making a window, it should use that font.

So, go into (I'm guessing it's similar to the old copy I have?) Core Scripts: * Sideview 2, and go near the 50th or 60th line where you see:
Code:
@actor_command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3, s4])
Change it to
Code:
@actor_command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3, s4], "Arial")

As you see, the mod I made can allow you to add a font to the very end. If you don't add a font, then it uses the default font.

Works for me... and assumes that nothing else rewrites the initialize method in Window_Command.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
(04-12-2011, 05:43 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Well, the original author doesn't seem to be supporting it and Atoa's strived to fix as many holes as he did in this VX to XP translation But with as many problems it has, he couldn't go on supporting it. That's why it was closed. Atoa's got his ACBS system anyway.

But far be it from me just saying... there's nothing to be done!

I do hate rewriting base scripts, but this MAY help.

Paste this right below Scene_Debug and above your custom scripts:
Window_Command Rewrite

By default, it should act as normal. The regular commands asking to create a command window should be unaffected. But if you also include a font name when making a window, it should use that font.

So, go into (I'm guessing it's similar to the old copy I have?) Core Scripts: * Sideview 2, and go near the 50th or 60th line where you see:
Code:
@actor_command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3, s4])
Change it to
Code:
@actor_command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3, s4], "Arial")

As you see, the mod I made can allow you to add a font to the very end. If you don't add a font, then it uses the default font.

Works for me... and assumes that nothing else rewrites the initialize method in Window_Command.
You rock, DW. I would use Atoa's newer ACBS, but I use charsets for battlers and his new system doesn't apparently like those. If I am wrong about that, on the other hand, I would switch today.

Reply }
Well someone asked for charset support on the ACBS, using directly the charset graphic isn't possible, but with small effort you can make battlers using character sprites.

Atoa Wrote:No you CAN'T use charsets. What you can do is make an battler graphic using the charset.

Something like this:
[Image: Ash_Battler.PNG] - [Image: Ash_Battler_Sword.PNG]
And then make the settings on the script:
Quote: Idle_Pose = 1 # Wait pose (Recomended never change, because it can cause funtion losses)
Hurt_Pose = 1 # Pose when Taking Damage(Recomended never change, because it can cause funtion losses)
Danger_Pose = 1 # Idle pose when HP is low
Defense_Pose = 6 # Idle pose when guarding
Advance_Pose = 2 # Moving foward
Return_Pose = 3 # Return move pose
Attack_Pose = 4 # Pose when attacking
Skill_Pose = 4 # Pose when using Physical Skills
Magic_Pose = 5 # Pose when using Magical Skills
Item_Pose = 5 # Pose when using Items
Dead_Pose = 8 # Dead Idle pose

# Extra poses
# These poses aren't 100% vital for the system. if you wish to not use some
# of them, leave the value = nil
Intro_Pose = nil # Pose used in the begin of battle
Victory_Pose = 7 # Battle Victory pose
Evade_Pose = 6 # Pose when evade an attack
Escape_Pose = 3 # Pose when escaping from battle

then make the individual setting for the graphic:
Quote: Pose_Sprite['Ash_Battler'] = {'Base' => [4,8,100,false],
1 => [1,4,false], 2 => [4,4,true], 3 => [4,4,true], 4 => [2,8,false],
5 => [2,8,false], 6 => [1,4,false], 7 => [1,4,false], 8 => [1,4,false]}

OR if most battlers follows the same pattern, change the default setting to:
Quote:Base_Sprite_Settings = {'Base' => [4,8,200,false],
1 => [1,4,false], 2 => [4,4,true], 3 => [4,4,true], 4 => [2,8,false],
5 => [2,8,false], 6 => [1,4,false], 7 => [1,4,false], 8 => [1,4,false]}

Also i added the "sword" sprite to the Bronze Sword with the Equipment Sprite.
Quote: Equipment_Sprite['Weapon'][1] = ['_Sword', false]

I did this in about 15 minutes (including the settings, that should be done only once), i only edited the first attack and casting (removed the arm so simulate an animation like the old FFs) and fliping the dead pose and changing the eye pose so it's not that hard.

Here an image of the ACBS using the "char battler". It will need some work, but well, the ACBS isn't for people who don't want to do some hard work.
[Image: ACBS_Char.PNG]

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System and TP System zlsl 2 3,577 10-20-2021, 05:09 AM
Last Post: zlsl
   I want to add an Atoa Custom Battle System command cut-in. zlsl 11 11,533 11-11-2019, 08:55 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Question about ACBS (Atoa Custom Battle System) aeliath 10 10,587 08-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Last Post: aeliath
   Sorting Items in Shop Window Melana 13 15,135 01-18-2018, 05:49 AM
   Atoa Individual Battle Commands Geminil 3 6,006 08-02-2017, 03:17 AM
  Expiration States with Atoa acbs: error Noctis 5 7,922 02-18-2017, 01:10 AM
Shocked  Help needed with Atoa's CBS jreagan406 2 4,985 02-16-2017, 12:36 PM
Last Post: jreagan406
   Problems with counteraatack addon of Atoa Custom Battle System Djigit 22 30,847 01-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Noctis
   Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill Lightness 11 12,042 03-11-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Lightness
   Atoa Custom Battle System: Popup when status change Noctis 6 9,023 02-01-2016, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Noctis