Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Yin's Extra Troops
Yin's Extra Troops
Version: 1.0

Introduction
With this, you can make a battle have more than two troops engaged at the same time.

All actions in the troops window are based on the initial troop that's called when entering a battle (random battles, map event 'Battle Processing'). So the battle conditions in the second troop will not come into play. The only caveat to this is that the enemies in the second troop will not be controlled or a part of the first troop's event system.

Script
The Script

Instructions
Got plenty in the script.

Notes
Keep in mind that the second troop loaded into the battle cannot be controlled by the TROOPS list of battle events. They act merely as fillers. Only the battle events defined by the main/master troop are being recognized and only affect the enemies in that troop alone.

Thanks
To Yin, who requested the script.

Compatibility and Installation
Pretty much aliases everything. If you put a script BELOW this one that does overwrites stuff, I cannot guarantee that it will work.

Terms and Conditions
Free for use, both freeware and commercial. However, credit for both Yin and myself is required.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Wow i'm just working on a very similar script for VX Ace. XD

I saw a japanese script to add more than 8 enemies on battle, but it was so confusing and hard to use that i thought about using other troops as reference.
Reply }
I said thank you before, but here it is again. Thank you!!

How would I use the other troop as a condition? (Like if an enemy from the second troop dies, make this happen)
Is there a script call that I can use that can call the other troop's events? Or maybe i can pull information like if an enemy dies and use it in the main troop.

And also, how would I make it so that if the first (original troop) is killed, that the battle is over as a win?
Reply }
Atoa: Yeah, SephirothSpawn wrote a script that could add more enemies to a troop. And then there's RPG Advocate's Random Enemies.

But here's the problem with those two and this one. You cannot write event commands in the TROOPS database to handle the additional enemies. These enemies (in all of these scripts) are added only in-game and not while you're creating your troops, so you cannot create any troop commands to control them. The enemies (for all intents and purposes) are not present.

Now you CAN perform checks in troop 1 to see if Enemy X (of that troop) is dead. I did that with a simple group of ghosts.... with a set of basilists as the second troop. Having it check if Ghost #2 had HP of 0 or less, I had it run a script call:
Code:
for enemy in $game_troop.enemies
enemy.hp = 0
enemy.immortal = false
end
All the monsters died, and the battle was won.

Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
That works perfectly, so once everyone in the master troop is dead, the battle is over!

You mentioned that you checked to see if an enemy in the next troop was dead or alive, but you didn't mention how you did it.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Extra Gold XP & ACE kyonides 0 1,662 09-09-2021, 08:32 PM
Last Post: kyonides
   Kitsune's Extra Statistics DerVVulfman 10 19,761 07-21-2020, 03:45 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Extra ITEM for MOG Scene Item Laura DerVVulfman 0 4,507 06-29-2017, 03:44 AM
   Extra Terrain Tags DerVVulfman 2 6,161 12-21-2014, 04:25 AM
   Extra Autotiles DerVVulfman 0 4,140 04-13-2014, 04:07 AM