Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Lily's Item Identifier
Lily's Item Identifier
Version: 1.1

Introduction
This lets you create an NPC as a character who can identify unknown items. By this, you can make an item on the screen as an 'unknown sword' that you may not be able to use until it is identified by your expert.

Script
(>Click<)

Instructions
Plenty, and in the script itself.

Compatibility
An RPGMaker XP script. Compatible with both Gullaume777's and DerVVulfman's Multiple Slots scripts and DerVVulfman's Super Simple Cursed Items script.

Terms and Conditions
Free for use, even in commercial games. Only due credit is requested.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
My first reaction was a sequel of joy since this reminded me at Blaze&Blade. Reading the instructions I noticed it was different after all but still a nice script.
This is not why I'm posting however.
No matter how many times I read the instructions, no matter how I set things up, no matter how I shaped the scene call, I always got this if I tried to call it:
[Image: 19tq3o.jpg]

Said line reads:
PHP Code:
if price <= $game_party.gold 
I am not quite sure what is wrong with it (if at all) or if I just fail to understand the instructions correctly but I though I'd better mention it; just in case =)
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
DerVV > I didn't had the bug yamina-chan reported, but I had some other problems :
lines 657 and 666, there is :
657 : @difficulty = 100 if difficulty > 100
666 : if difficulty > @skill
That should be always @difficulty. (Perhaps it's a characters conversion problem with Word ?)

Moreover, when I succesfully identified all my items, the window was still here and the cursor pointed on a blank space. It crashed when I validated (@difficulty = nil line 657).
Some scripts :
Working on :
Reply }
To yamina-chan:
I believe the issue is that you didn't properly set up the second 'set' of arrays that gauges item, weapon or armor prices and difficulty ratings. I replicated the error by screwing mine up. Since then, I rewrote the instructions... in detail.

To MGC:
It wasn't just that one @difficulty, but a couple of them.

And with that....

BUMP
To version 1.1

Basically, I added more instructions and examples, and fixed a pair of @difficulty values.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Select Key Item ACE kyonides 0 65 03-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: kyonides
   Battle Item Count kyonides 4 638 02-04-2024, 05:49 AM
   Skill Item Kost ACE kyonides 0 260 01-03-2024, 12:07 AM
   Fast Item Grouping DerVVulfman 1 2,343 06-12-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman