Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 MrMo's ABS Ultimate and Other Scripts
Hello, I'm an Argentinian trying to design an Sci Fi RPG, but i'm not good at all scripting. I've found this ABS very attractive for my game, but it crashes with some of my other scripts (many of them downloaded in Spanish pages), and I want to know if it is possible to fix some part of them so i can use them.
The scripts that I've been using are:
*an Alchemy/ Crafting script that opens an independent menu
*a Quest Log created by the scripter Falcao.
Both of them are in Spanish, and both of them are quite important to my game, specially the first one. If it is necessary, i could translate them to English.

I'm very sorry for my rudeness and Tarzan syntax, but my English is only of a High School level of formal education, and i haven't very much experience in forums.

Here are the scripts

*Alchemy
Content Hidden
Quest Log
Content Hidden
Reply }
As you noticed, I split it off and put your request into RGSS support. This is because it's more of an issue with multiple scripts. No biggie.

However, you do have me surprised. Quest logs are normally separate 'Scene' and 'Window' scripts that should not mess with any battlesystem, and the same would normally go for the Alchemy system. Personally, I am using a crafting and quest system in my own project and didn't have issues. The only thing I can think of is that MrMo's ABS and ABS Ultimate use an early version of the RMXP SDK, specifically version 1.5.

I am pasting the entire page with your two scripts into my desktop so I can look at the scripts when I can. I am not on my regular computer that has RPGMaker XP but on my lappy (laptop). I put my main computer on a maintenance cycle.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Thanks. The alchemy is an important issue, because an entire class depends of him. I have copied two times in my game with different names and modules so i can use different abilities for different recipes (mechanical engineering and electrical engineering), and I want to put levels of ability, but it's something I can manage on my own. For everything else, thank you very much. I'm waiting for the news!
Bye,
Esteban

PD: If you are interested, I have posted a thread of some artwork of my own, so you can look how it's going to be the game. http://save-point.org/Thread-some-sci-fi-designs--4111
Reply }
Hey, Erechel. We have a problem with both scripts. They are both incomplete, or at least what you posted was incomplete.

The Alchemy script has the "Scene_Alquimia" class along with various WINDOW classes from "Window_Info" to "Window_Items". Unfortunately, that is where the script you posted was cut. So if there was supposed to be any additional code... it's not there.

Code:
#==============================================================================
# â– Window_Item
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

class Window_Items < Window_Selectable
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def initialize
super(0, 0, 320, 416)
self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
self.contents.font.name = $fontface
self.contents.font.size = $fontsize
@column_max = 1
refresh
self.index = 0
end
def refresh
self.contents.clear
@data = []
for i in 1...$data_items.size

And the Quest script you posted was likewise incomplete, though I had to do a little cleaning up of the code to realize it. Like the Alchemy script, the incomplete section is at the bottom of the code. I placed notes such as 'what class' or 'what Method/Def' to show where the missing code belonged. Or at least where part of the missing code belonged. I cannot say how much is missing. But it was code that belonged below "Scene_Load" in the script.

Code:
class Scene_Load
  alias falcao_read_mision read_save_data
  def read_save_data(file)
    falcao_read_mision(file)
    $falcao_mision    = Marshal.load(file)
    $falcao_completed = Marshal.load(file)
    $mision_data      = Marshal.load(file)
  end
end

# -----what class
  # What Method/def ????
    #-something
    if $game_party.item_number(i) > 0 and
      $data_items[i].element_set.include? ($atr_ingrediente)
      @data.push($data_items[i])
    end
  end
  @item_max = @data.size
  if @item_max > 0
    for i in 0...@data.size
      draw_item(@data[i], i) if not @data[i].nil?
    end
  end
end

# ------What Class was this from????

def draw_item(data, pos)
    item = data
    number = $game_party.item_number(item.id)
    x = 0
    y = 32 * pos
    bitmap = RPG::Cache.icon(item.icon_name)
    self.contents.blt(x, y + 4, bitmap, Rect.new(0, 0, 24, 24))
    self.contents.draw_text(x + 28, y, 212, 32, item.name, 0)
    self.contents.draw_text(x + 240, y, 16, 32, ":", 1)
    self.contents.draw_text(x + 256, y, 24, 32, number.to_s, 2)
  end
  def item
    return @data[self.index]
  end
end

Mind you, I'm using a quest script by Jaberwocky (or Jaber or Jaberwoky... he goes by various spellings here and there), and PrexCraft, a crafting script by Prexus. Though I do intend to make my own crafting script later (likely modeled after his), both Prexctaft and Jaberwocky's Quest scripts work fine with the ABS.

Of course, finding or posting complete versions of these scripts you are using would work too.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Sorry, the first one at least was incomplete. There it is:

Content Hidden

The Falcao script ends after the class scene_load. It seems to me that the missing part is not missing, but misplaced. The fragment below scene_load was in fact the missing part of the Alchemy script. Here the Quest Log script again, translated:

Content Hidden

Sorry for the crappy pasting, and, again, thank you.

PD: By the way ¿where can I found the Jaberwocky? I have tried to find it, but with no result. The important thing is not the script itself, but to have a quest log.
Reply }
He has two posted here: Jaber's Quest Log 2.1.3 and Jaberwocky's Quest Log. Gonna be at work now, so... no RMXP on hand.

Reply }
DerVVulfman, I have downloaded the scripts that you recommended me, and they work great. Now I'm trying to use the Momomo bestiary, and I want to add a new option, but I think i can figure out myself; so, I really want to thank you for your help. But one more thing: the CCOA UMS don't work. It's an optional script in my game, but it's pretty enough to want to keep it. If you have any extra time, could you resolve this? Thank you anyaway for everything else
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Icon Display 1.0 scripts makes events impossible to go to events, which are passable Djigit 0 3,566 01-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Djigit
   How to get class name from Scripts.rxdata? MechanicalPen 2 6,158 08-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Last Post: MechanicalPen
   looking for day/night/weather scripts: Ahzoh 2 4,383 07-31-2013, 05:25 AM
Last Post: Ahzoh
   error with MrMo Ultimate ABS Argol228 2 4,875 07-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Argol228
   an error in the demo for Mr Mo's ultimate ABS Argol228 1 4,163 02-17-2012, 05:25 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Combine two scripts Kerdukie 0 3,007 12-25-2009, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Kerdukie
   Calling Scripts aistinger 3 5,200 12-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Last Post: aistinger
   Sideview Tankentai XP & SDK Scripts Ravenith 1 4,969 08-26-2009, 03:01 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman