Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RM-Based Windowskin Generator Project
I was trying my hand at wanting to build a generator of my own a few years ago. Unfortunately, due to complications with the image libraries our old hosts were using, it never really came to light.

Welcome to the new Windowskin Generator Project thread! Nothing's exactly set in stone, but I will be trying my best to fulfill my promise of actually completing one.

Why am I making a windowskin generator now?
Because making a Composite Windowskin script (along with my Windowskin converter script) inspired me to get right back into building some generators. I will be coding this using RPG Maker VX as that's the maker I feel at ease scripting in.

Who's participating?
So far, I am posting this in two communities I'm most active in now. That's this one and the RPGMakerWeb forums. I might post this at more places if the demand is there.

What submissions are you looking for?
  • Backgrounds (128x128 or 64x64)
  • Patterns (128x128 or 64x64)
  • Frames (64x64)
  • Scroll Arrows (64x64 or a size like 32x32 would be fine)
  • Selection Box/Cursors (32x32)
    • Cursor Exteriors (the border of the cursors which are 2 pixels in width)
    • Cursor Interiors
  • Pause/Continue Message Animation (32x32 or 8x8)
  • Battle Arrows (64x32 or 32x32) [XP Only]
  • RPG Maker XP Windowskins
  • RPG Maker VX Windowskins

Any scripts you might require?
If anybody could come up with an algorithm to adjusting the hue, saturation, and brightness of the bitmap, that would be fantastic.

Any guidelines to follow?
There's a couple.
  • Files MUST be in PNG format. (Or you can send a PSD of it to me for some reason)
  • A lot of files will need to have a color to them. That's to make it possible to alter the hue, saturation, and brightness of the image.
  • Make sure your Window Frames and Patterns tile nicely.
  • If you are submitting anything created by someone else, make sure you've received their permission for it and please let me know it's not your work.
  • If you have a certain license to the pieces you're submitting to the generator, send it to me.

We could use a few tutorials too, you know.
Then you guys will want to have a look at Xilef's windowskin tutorials for both RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker VX.
RPG Maker XP Windowskin Tutorial
RPG Maker VX Windowskin Tutorial
Reply }
You forgot a question ;)
Do you want us to send you the files in a PM or shall we post them in this thread?
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
You're right. XD

Since Save-Point has an unlimited inbox, that'll work. It's both. PM me a zip if you're submitting lots of stuff, post here if you want to show some stuff you made for the generator to the public. :)
Reply }
i made these before breakfast

edit: i forgot to mention that all these are for xp.
Reply }
(05-09-2012, 04:06 PM)KasperKalamity Wrote: i made these before breakfast

edit: i forgot to mention that all these are for xp.
Ahh, thanks. And don't worry, my generator's going to be able to convert these to VX backgrounds. :)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   State resistance based on number of turns or effect magnitude instead of chance DoubleX 1 3,001 07-24-2020, 05:05 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Multiplayer Turned Based Battles? thephantom 4 6,000 04-22-2015, 05:49 AM
Last Post: thephantom
   Generator Ideas... Kain Nobel 1 5,150 07-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: PK8
   Artificial Intelligence in Turn-Based RPGs MechanicalPen 10 17,566 05-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Ryaryu
   [Hiatus] Windowskin Generator Contribution Thread PK8 7 14,551 07-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Last Post: decibel