Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 F12 Fix: DerVVulfman-Style
F12 Fix: DerVVulfman-Style
Version: 1.2

Introduction
This script removes the functionality of the F12 button, and thus prevents possible stack errors from occurring. But while doing so, it also performs a routine that lets on-screen graphics refresh at a normal speed if the F12 button is depressed for any extended length of time. This is a change from other F12 scripts of its type whereby the graphics are sped up. Only the game play remains frozen.

Script
The F12 Fix

FAQ
Dang small, isn't it?

Compatibility
RPGMaker XP only. It won't work with VX.

Terms and Conditions
Free for use, even in commercial scripts. Due credit is all that's required.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Slight BUMP to version 1.1. Oops. I didn't set the RESET exception class. It's a minor addition, but a simple fix.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
A new
BUMP
to version 1.2
Sure, the system prevented the F12 problem if you hit F12 when Graphics.update was running, but who knew that Graphics.transition needed its own? I ran into that weird STACK glitch by accident (even though I was testing it). So, another method to stop F12 from happening had to be made. It took a while to figure it out.

STILL... I was already working on a little update as the previous version didn't update the game's clock (the Game Time) if you were pressing F12. That meant the Graphics.frame_count wasn't increasing. So I took some time to come up with a method to increase the frame_count. While it may not be wholly accurate, I think it's fairly close. I mean, who is REALLY going to hold down the F12 button for kicks? But still... it also fixed my issue with autotiles and other graphics of its ilk not refreshing. While sprites moved fine, autotiles didn't.... but they do now!

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   DerVVulfman's Game Data Sneak DerVVulfman 2 6,584 04-04-2013, 03:50 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Battle Report Script Window style mageone 4 15,480 03-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
   CogWheel Style Menu Bars syvkal 2 9,226 08-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Last Post: 6B6bYX