Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Can you read this?
I heard one can embed truetype fonts, so I wanted to experiment if it works on forums. Default Fonts are boring.

so tell me, re you able to see the strange font I made?

kodƴr?

Arkhean Alkavaht?

Capital Letters:

A Æ B S D E Z G H I DZ K L M N O P Q J R F X Ŭ U V W Ƴ T C Y

Lower-Case Letters:
a æ b s d e z g h i dz k l m n o p q j r f x ŭ u v w ƴ t c y

Elvish:
Elvish?
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
Sorry dude. Custom fonts in forums (unless they're really pictures like the logo), must be available on the end user's side. As I don't have your Alkavahit font, I won't see it. Likewise, you don't have my Klingon font. And using [ font = Dwarven ] won't work unless the reader has Dwarven in his fonts folder.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
does it work for signatures? or do you just see letters? english letters.
and this is why I really want my alphabet to be unicoded
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
I just see the basic letters used when you don't use your custom font. Even in signatures it wouldn't work because I don't have your font in my system. I mean... I see the 'Æ' A E combo... but nothing special otherwise.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
I mudt get unicode then...
then... people will see my alkavaht

well, it looks awesome

I wonder if i can still embed this font into my RPG pirojăt so I don't have to get people to install, or maybe that only applies to microsoft products...

Reply }
Dude, if the end viewer doesn't have your custom font on their PC, they won't see your custom font.

Reply }
not necessarily, you can "embed" TrueType fonts into documents like Word or PDF or even a website really, which means the end user does not have to install the font, because the data is stored in the document itself.
I kinda assumed one could embed fonts on forums or into RPG maker projects, in turn assumed forum and project stored font information the same way...

but I geuss I'll have to find another way...

Reply }
you just have to install the language font packs when you update windows, that's all.
Reply }
There are 'install font' scripts for RPGMaker XP and etc. OR... you use a bitmap font called an SFont (uses a png file to store letters). Sure, .pdfs have fonts, but they're only for that document. Forums don't really do that.

Reply }
I must find these install fonts scripts then.

I will spread my language like people spread bibles...

Reply }