Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Let's Play pulled from Youtube!
Yep, you read that title right. Hundreds of "Let's Play" videos have been pulled from Youtube. So if you made some funds on advertisements with those videos, that time may be at an end.

The News Article -- Kain Nobel found this out.

While the games themselves are copyrighted, most companies didn't really care that people posted these videos. And even so, game companies aren't really doing this, even though copyright belongs to the game companies and not the people playing them and posting the videos. However, Nintendo appears to seek action as they "actually decided to take money from the gamers posting the videos". You read that correctly. With the games being their property, they are seeking to gain all or most of the funds from those same advertisements.

Read the link for more info. And if you have a Let's Play video... you may not have one anymore.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
That's not news, it happened months ago and is simply continuing to happen. u_u
Reply }
To be honest, the original reason I brought it up was for the amusing fact that the guy who posted it, Johnathan Sparks Esq, supposedly has a law firm with the URL being that of SavePointLaw.com, which I find amusing. Out of curiosity, I attempted to check out the links but apparently they're not working, maybe his site is down for maintenance or something :/

Always been interested in the legal side of game development, especially with intellectual properties. Might be worth it to check out the guy's gamasutra blog (or whatever else public presence he has) and get to know him for future ventures. Reading some entries now, but legal aspects are a whole other rabbit hole of information to go through lol

It's too bad that all the free content youtube provides is such a double-edged sword between consumers and content producers :/
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   I can't wait to play *insert video game here* - topic EJlol 12 18,258 04-09-2017, 05:38 AM
Last Post: jajajaj312
   Youtube Loses Lawsuit DerVVulfman 23 35,625 05-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Python Blue
   Funny YouTube videos. PK8 0 4,096 06-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Last Post: PK8
   Music you're listening to? (Include youtube video!) EJlol 41 59,085 06-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Floyd