Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't stop my event from repeating itself!
Well, here is the problem - I have an opening cutscene, once thats over it transfers to another map, and asks you to select your gender, and input a name. That works fine, the problem is... it keeps repeating that process! How do I stop it :(. I've tried switches, variables, self switches! Knowing me, i've probably put the switch/variable on the wrong event.

Any help would be appreciated!

Also, sorry if i've posted this in the wrong place.
Reply }
A self switch would clear that right up. Whichever event has the autostart process you will add a self switch as the last event in your commands. Then you open a new page and on the side where you can set conditions you will check the box that says self switch and pick the same letter that you turned on on the first page. Then, change the second page to action button for the trigger and don't put anything in the event commands.
Reply }
Thanks for the reply, i'll give it a go now!

Edit: Alright that stopped the event from repeating, but the actor graphic isn't showing!
Reply }
On the second page place the actor's graphic there. In the graphic box.
Reply }
Even though it has a select Male or Female, would that not affect which is displayed? Say if I put a male sprite in the graphic box and selected female, would it not appear as male?

(Thank you for the help by the way Silne! Its much appreciated)
Reply }
When you do "Show Choices", if Male is selected, the next event should be change actor graphic to male, and the same with female.

Show Choice Male, Female
~Male
>Change actor graphic
~Female
>Change actor graphic
Reply }
Yes, thats what i've done - but for some reason it didn't show the graphic (I found out I deleted Player1 from 'System' in databases! Thats why it wasn't showing! Stupid me!

Now, I just need to find a way to make him invisible during the opening scene, i'm guessing that is done through set move route.
Or not I can just delete his graphic from actors! God, i'm tired - i'll mess with this some more after work tomorrow!, Thank you for the help guys and girls!
Reply }
The character graphic can be invisible from the very start. Just don't have a pre-set character graphic... set him to none
Reply }
Go to the database, and at the actor's graphic, make sure you select (None)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Event Touch Syddo 4 2,653 02-09-2022, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Syddo
   Making an item usable on event swickster 4 5,943 05-19-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: swickster
   Need help better understanding of Battle Event Geminil 2 5,270 07-11-2018, 03:09 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
  Event Freezing KasperKalamity 6 9,812 10-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
  how to make an event touch another event mangamaniacs2064 2 5,777 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Last Post: RosyPosy
  Delete Event Drane 3 5,024 12-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Helel
  Event Problem thedeadraven 12 14,348 11-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman