Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Map as Background in menus
I found a neat little Menu Scene script that uses the map as background. I want to show the background on every other menu. I'm using the standard RMXP scenes for Item, Equip, and Status. I really don't want anything flashy, just something simple and that works... Is there a way I can edit these, the original scene scripts, to make the map as the background? And how?
Reply }
Easy.

Look at the script that is showing the background map. In the 'main' module, you should have something like:
Code:
@spriteset = Spriteset_Map.new
at the top which snags the image of your map, and at the bottom of the 'main' module, you will have something like:
Code:
@spriteset.dispose
to get rid of it when you exit the menu.

But you're not TOTALLY done yet. You need to make the @spriteset update, so just add
Code:
@spriteset.update
into your 'update' method.

Don't forget to make your windows semi-translucent so the map shows through. Just work with transparency options. The XaiL system I recreated, the Moghunter Menus and a few others can showcase this.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Doing it now! I suck at scripting! I set the window opacity to 160 since it's the opacity that the menu script shows.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  menus and a small tutorial deus69xxx 3 4,863 08-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Last Post: MechanicalPen
   Help with changing background music volume JackMonty 7 8,276 12-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Last Post: JackMonty
   Sub menus fgsfds 9 9,371 03-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Last Post: fgsfds