Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
 Arrows and GIMP
Steps to Include the Arrow Making Script in GIMP
Works in GIMP 2.10!

First of all, download the ZIPPED script.

You know what to do with a ZIP file, right? Winking

Then take a look at the menu bar. You should find the Scripts location if you look in:

Edit -> Preferences -> Folders

There it should list your scripts folder(s) one after another.

How they look like might depend on what OS you are currently working on. Confused

Make sure you have placed the SCM file there. Happy with a sweat

How to Use the Script?

First go make a PATH with just two points

Then invoke the script by going to:

Tools -> Arrow...

A new window will open where you can change the default settings.

Click OK and you will see how GIMP makes a new arrow for you! Grinning

Original Post
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Arrow-...01#pid1401
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
As it wasn't stated, the original post linked by kyonodes was by a person going by rich2005 who was looking for scripts or plugins to draw well defined arrow-pointers in Gimp without the tedium of actually using the pencil or other already existing tools. 

The zip file which is provided within kyonides' first post, and the original post at the gimp forum, also includes a well written pdf file on use.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1635]

Attached Files
.jpg   comparison.jpg (Size: 49.23 KB / Downloads: 2)
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   How to merge tilesets, Using Gimp 2.0 Third333Strike 0 4,690 12-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Third333Strike