Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 New user, RPG Maker XP veteran
Hi all - I'm here to see if I can recapture the magic I used to experience in the RPG Maker community from around 2002-2009. I do actually see a couple of familiar names here - hello!

Back in the day I made all kinds of resources, especially RMXP scripts but also music and tile and sprite edits. I'd love to get into that again. These days I work professionally as a software engineer, and I'd be happy to deep dive into any and all RPG Maker scripting. I could share so much about how RMXP's scripts work, and by extension RMVX. I actually played with reimplementing all of RMXP in a different engine at one point, and I made the first pseudo-3d "mode7" script for RMXP.

Lately the only thing I've been working on is a 3d tilemap renderer in Unity for a RPG-styled walking simulator I've been working on off and on for a long time...which I want to port to another engine now . So much work, so little time.

Anyway, I found this place from rpgmakerweb and I'm wondering if here is more my speed, since I always liked the off-center communities more. Please say hi and show me around this place, thanks!
Reply }
HOWUUUU!!!! (Translation from Lycan: HOLY HELL, MAN!!!!)

Welcome. The moment I came in and saw 'RMXP Veteran' and glanced at the name, my jaw dropped!

It'll take 14 or so minutes (a cycle time) for the forum to see your post and flag you fully registered.

And per your 'terms of use', you won't find your version of Mode7 here as you did place (no posting elsewhere) terms ... without your permission. And while we do have 'Unity' prefix tags, I wonder if you might want to see about porting your efforts of a 3D Tilemap editor for Godot.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Yeah, I do remember your post on the RM forums. It's good to see another fellow forumer that has used RMXP extensively.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   New User flipout 1 1,206 03-06-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman