Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Zombification
Zombification
Version: 1.0

Introduction
Brrrraaaaiiiinnss.....*

Okay, I have been on a roll here. I guess after seeing that Trickster and Charlie Fleed have their own weird Zombie status, I thought "Hey, that was a cool effect in Final Fantasy VII. I want that too." So, I decided to figure out how to make one.

It wasn't really hard at all.

Script
The Script
* Script is a text file saved with the .doc extension

Instructions
The instructions are pretty much in the script. That's how I roll. :cheery:

Compatibility
An RGSS / RPGMaker XP system.

Terms and Conditions
Free for use, even in commercial games. What is asked is due credit. However, this is an exclusive to the 'House Slashers' run by DerVVulfman, Kalier and Mea, and an exclusive to the 'RMVXPUniverse' forum owned by PK8 (formerly Punk, Punkid89), and run with Olivia and DerVVulfman. It is not for display or distribution on any other site or forum.
Reply }
Grinning You are a god!
Reply }
Hi DerVVulfman! ^^ I was trying your script but I got an error... I'm using Atoa's Battle System but the error occurs in one of the basic scripts from XP:

'no implicit conversion from nil to integer' (Game_Enemy 125)

Game_Enemy:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Get Element Revision Value
# element_id : Element ID
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def element_rate(element_id)
# Get a numerical value corresponding to element effectiveness
table = [0,200,150,100,50,0,-100]
result = table[$data_enemies[@enemy_id].element_ranks[element_id]] <--- 125
# If protected by state, this element is reduced by half
for i in @states
if $data_states[i].guard_element_set.include?(element_id)
result /= 2
end
end
# End Method
return result
end

Did I missed something? Thanks beforehand ^^
Reply }
Hm... I cannot be ABSOLUTELY sure as you are using Atoa's system. Good system from what I hear. Mirrors some things I did too.

BUT.... in the config section (if you didn't touch it)... there's this:
Code:
ZOMBIE_STATES       = [17]      # Array of any Zombie Status effect
  ZOMBIE_ENEMY_STATE  = [17, 9]   # Array that sets enemies to a zombie state

Questions are, did you create status effects in your project for the Zombie Status? And if so, did you make sure they were set to this/these values? The configuration section can be altered to suit your tastes.

For the unaware, the ID value of the Knockout state is #1, Stun is #2, Venom #3 and so on. These are created and listed in the STATES tab of the database.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Yes sir ^^ Zombie status is #25 in my database, so I have:

# Zombification Values
ZOMBIE_STATES = [25] # Array of any Zombie Status effect
ZOMBIE_ENEMY_STATE = [25] # Array that sets enemies to a zombie state
ZOMBIE_ELEMENT = 17 # Element of objects that perform zombie effect

Zombie element is #17 as well, and the game still crashes, same place, same spot.

PD: Nice CBS indeed, I like it because is fast and smoother than any other CBS I have ever tryed, but I have found lots of incompatibility issues until now...

EDIT: Actually, I think I found a quicker way to make the state ZOMBIE. According to this:

# Get a numerical value corresponding to element effectiveness
table = [0,200,150,100,50,0,-100]

F resistance would be -100% damage so I assigned all healing spells to be Zombie status (I should change it to 'Healing' though), so undead characters receive damage from them. Now any simple way to make Zombie status that characters become weak to Healing element?
EDIT2: It works with items as well but resurrection-type objects like Tonics don't seem to cause any damage :/ (Maybe I'm going off-topic with this, should I start a new one?)
Reply }
(01-18-2013, 06:01 AM)Iqus Wrote: EDIT2: It works with items as well but resurrection-type objects like Tonics don't seem to cause any damage :/ (Maybe I'm going off-topic with this, should I start a new one?)
Perhaps... Could be called Zombification with Atoa's CTB. Victor Sant would likely pick up on it or have his own to show. *shrugs*
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }