Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D to 2D
When i making mecha use 3d program some idea popped in my head, why not make some object in 3d, then use it in XP tileset especially present time object.
So i try it and put them in XP tileset but i encounter several problem because the object i render not really match the tileset, as you can see in pictures below.

[Image: image1mi.jpg]

My request is, does anyone know a way to make them match the tileset?
Reply }
Bump, well i try several way in paint.net yesterday but i failed.
I really need advice from expert Grinning
Reply }
They will never match unless you pixelate them or pixel over them. On another note, your models look excellent, great job rusty :D
Reply }
the models look have more detail and realistic than the default rtp so i doubt it would fit in.
Reply }
Hsia_Nu, what do mean by pixelate them? Sorry i didn't really know about this.
chickendips, i see what you mean, maybe i can to try reduce some detail later.

Note : I forgot to tell that i didn't make all the model, some of them taken from web.
Reply }
Update :
I try several way and so far have 2 result ,which one do you think is more suitable with XP tileset? First or second one?

[Image: 26227764.png]
Reply }
hey, the not sharpened ones (left) seems to work.
pretty nice :)
Reply }
They still don't fit in with the RTP. :P
Reply }
I agree with PK8. While the 3D artwork is extremely nice, the renders do not fit with the default RTP graphics, or at least the ones for the building interior/exteriors. Without visuals, I cannot say about how they would mesh with woods/rocks/etc, but I would assume the 3D work wouldn't mesh with them as well.

That is not to say to stop making renders. I like them and would like to see a full tileset of this quality. Mack (as in Mack and Blue of the old RM2K era) made a quality set of tiles that were dubbed the 'Alternate RTP set' because they were much better, well received and were used more often. *hint hint*
Reply }
Maybe you should adjust your render settings to match the rtp graphics, but why do that when y can make the entire tileset in 3d.
Reply }