Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
 Web Browsers
WEB BROWSERS

This topic is designed to be a listing of available web browsers. While the posts that follow contain content on a single browser, it is this main page that will act as a table of contents with quick-links for the readers.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Brave
Chrome
Firefox
Internet Explorer
Opera
Seamonkey
Empty Link 7
Empty Link 8
Empty Link 9
Empty Link 10
Empty Link 11
Empty Link 12
Empty Link 13
Empty Link 14
Empty Link 15

The thread is not intended for discussion, but a listing of available web browswers. Postings to create discussion will be removed. However, it is welcome for members to suggest a browser to post. If you are posting an actual broswer within this topic, please be thorough (title, source url, features, etc).

Also, recommendations and critiques by members towards a browser are encouraged as they may find their way into an existing software post (ie, Abraham makes a post to recommend Chrome. 'Google searches are lightning fast with it - Abraham' may appear within the post). Nothing too lengthy

Member recommendations and rebukes are shown at the bottom of each post.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
[Image: microsoft.png]

Click here for the Microsoft Download page

[Image: internet_explorer.png]

Looking for Internet Explorer?

[Image: 747c11c9-c083-4d40-950c-a46cd0d47afe_25.jpg]
Rethink what the web can be

From gaming to entertainment, Internet Explorer is helping to create entirely new web experiences that are fast, beautiful and perfect for touch.

[Image: 2d6d8913-c74d-4a4d-abc7-a27a1f16943d_14.jpg]
Don't miss out

Make Internet Explorer your default internet browser. Surf the web with the fast, fluid, perfect–for–touch
browser.

Member Recommendations:

Member Rebukes:
guarionex: IE should be banned from the universe. It always ends last on the hackers events yearly. It interprets code differently making sites display different than how they are supposed to look.
Bounty Hunter Lani: Never did like IE...

Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }

When it’s personal,
choose Firefox.
Free Download

Committed to you, your privacy and an open Web
Made with a mission to put you first

We’ve always designed Firefox to protect and respect your private information. That’s why we’re proud to be voted the Most Trusted Internet Company for Privacy.

Works the way you do

How you use the Web is unique. Firefox lets you change it to match. Remove what you don’t use, keep what you do and put it just about anywhere you want.

Faster at what you do most

Firefox was named the ”speed king” in independent benchmark and performance tests against other browsers. Save time and do just about anything quicker than before.

[Image: logo-quantum-wordmark-white.bd1944395fb6.png]

Member Recommendations:
Siletrea: Firefox is a boss of a system! I’ve been using it for years! Lightweight on systems new and old (tested in a brand new laptop and a 13 year old laptop) Plus tones of plugins to boot to make your everyday browsing that much better! I recommend it to anyone!
KDC: There are some things I like about Firefox (Add-ons, Themes etc.), and there's some things I don't like about it (Whenever it updates to a way later version, add-ons you have installed in the previous version(s) may not be compatible with the new version). But either way, it's still a better web browser in than to Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge... in my opinion anyway.

Member Rebukes:
kyonides: I am against firefox. No matter how often I update flash player, it won't let me open sites that depend on it properly. Rendering just stops without loading every single component. Plus the newer versions suddenly stopped accepting the installation of useful plugins that let people save sessions or block ads and add whitelists. If you're gonna stop supporting plugins, you should provide alternatives because people depend on them. Keep doing that and you'll lose lots of users on a daily basis.

Reply }
[Image: chrome_logo_2x.png]
Click here for Chrome Homepage

Get a fast, free web browser

One browser for your computer, phone and tablet

[Image: Download-Template.png]

For Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP 32-bit

Download Chrome for another platform

[Image: chrome-new.jpg]

Browse faster

[Image: benefits-2.jpg]

Search instantly

Search and navigate from the same box. Choose from results and suggestions that appear as you type, including your recent searches and visited websites, so you can get to what you want in a snap. Search from the omnibox
Type less

Tired of filling out web forms with the same information time and time again? Autofill lets you complete forms with just one click. And it works across devices too — so you can skip all that small-screen typing. Start using Autofill

Pick up where you left off

Chrome brings your open tabs, bookmarks and recent searches from your computer to your phone or tablet, and vice versa. That way you have your web on all of your devices. Just sign in on your other devices to start syncing. Learn more

[Image: benefits-1.jpg]

Experience a smarter web

Get the best of Google when you browse with Chrome. Chrome and Google work together to bring you more relevant suggestions and features across Google products including Voice Search and Google Now. Enable Google Now

[Image: benefits-3.jpg]

Make Chrome yours

Browse just the way you'd like with Chrome themes, apps and extentions. Get straight to your favorite web destinations with bookmarks and start pages. Once you've set up Chrome, your customizations will be kept in sync across all of your devices. Start customizing

[Image: benefits-4.jpg]

[Image: benefits-5-mobile.png]
Get Chrome for Windows

One browser for your laptop, phone and tablet

[Image: Download-Template.png]

For Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP 32-bit

Download Chrome for another platform

Member Recommendations:

Member Rebukes:
kyonides: Chrome can be a pain in *ehem*. On a friend's destop PC it never works properly because it never installs flawlessly. It has caused dll related issues a few times already and automatic updates only make things worse. Last time I had to help him use the system reciver feature.

Reply }
[Image: logo-header-opera.png]

Click here for the Opera Homepage

Opera browser – Do more on the web

Opera, a free browser for Windows 10 and earlier versions, brings you more speed and safety on the web.

Download our free browser for faster, easier and safer web surfing.

[Image: big-download-button.png]

Prefer to install Opera later? Download the offline package.

[Image: organize-bookmarks-my-way.jpg]
Stay in sync

Easily pick up browsing where you left off, across your devices. Just sign in to your Opera account to sync browsing data - bookmarks, open tabs, passwords and typed history. Remember to get the Opera browser for your mobile device to stay in sync on the go.

Speed through the web

Making Opera a fast browser is our priority. We’ve added improvements to speed it up on slower computers with traditional hard drives. Also, if you’re on a slow internet connection, Opera Turbo can compress pages for faster browsing.
[Image: enjoy-a-fast-browser-experience.jpg]

[Image: personalize-it-my-way.jpg]
Personalize your browser

Over 1,000 extensions make it easy to customize Opera. Download the extensions and themes you like from Opera's add-ons catalog to get the best browser experience with a personal touch. With the animated themes, you can even bring Opera's start page to life.

Keep it simple

Searching and navigating the web is a breeze, with Opera's intuitive combined address and search bar. Pick one of the preinstalled search engines like Google, Yahoo! or Wikipedia, or add a custom search engine. You can also customize keyboard shortcuts and mouse gestures.
[Image: search-and-navigate-easily.jpg]

[Image: the-latest-online-news.jpg]
Discover more content

Want to stay in the loop with the latest news? Opera’s restyled Discover feature with an intuitive list of categories brings it to your browser. Flip through the freshest articles on a variety of topics, from your region, in your language.

Get more done

Recently closed tabs, tab cycling and other small improvements save you time online. Also, with visual bookmarks, not available in any other browser by default, you can get back to interesting sites quickly. View them as a thumbnail gallery or in a classic tree format.
[Image: vip-access-for-my-favorite-sites.jpg]

Member Recommendations:

Member Rebukes:
Reply }
[Image: seamonkey_logo.png]
Link to Seamonkey's Home Page

[Image: seamonkey-screen.png]
Web-browser, advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple—all your Internet needs in one application.

The SeaMonkey® Project

The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite (see below). Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.

Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox and Thunderbird. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation.
[Image: powered_by_mozilla_small.png]

The SeaMonkey Suite

SeaMonkey has inherited the successful all-in-one concept of the original Netscape Communicator and continues that product line based on the modern, cross-platform architecture provided by the Mozilla project.
  • The Internet browser at the core of the SeaMonkey suite uses the same rendering engine and application platform as its sibling Mozilla Firefox, with popular features like tabbed browsing, feed detection, popup blocking, smart location bar, find as you type and a lot of other functionality for a smooth web experience.
  • SeaMonkey's Mail and Newsgroups client shares lots of code with Mozilla Thunderbird and features adaptive Junk mail filtering, tags and mail views, web feeds reading, tabbed messaging, multiple accounts, S/MIME, address books with LDAP support and is ready for both private and corporate use.
  • Additional components include an easy-to-use HTML Editor, the ChatZilla IRC chat application and web development tools like a DOM Inspector and a JavaScript debugger.
  • If that's still not enough, SeaMonkey can be extended with numerous Add-Ons that provide additional functionality and customization for a complete Internet experience.

Member Recommendations:

Member Rebukes:
Reply }

A browser with your interests at heart.
Browse faster by blocking ads and trackers that violate your privacy and cost you time and money.

Browse faster.
Brave loads major news sites 2 to 8 times faster than Chrome and Safari on mobile. And Brave is 2 times faster than Chrome on desktop.

Save money, as much as $23 a month.
[Image: cost_to_load_graph5.svg]
Brave saves you cash. The average mobile browser user pays as much as $23 month in data charges to download ads and trackers -- that’s $276 a year. Brave blocks ads and trackers, so you don’t pay for them.

Even if you have an unlimited mobile data plan or browse exclusively on desktop, you end up paying because your information and time have value (see how Brave guards both below).

Download Brave for your platform:

Brave is available for all of these platforms:

Windows x64, Win 7+
Windows 32bit, Win 7+
Mac OS 10.9+
64 bit .deb for Debian/Ubuntu/Mint
64 bit .rpm for Fedora/openSUSE

Contact Us
512 Second Street, Floor 2
San Francisco CA 94107

Press Contacts: press@brave.com
Business Contacts: bizdev@brave.com
Support: community.brave.com
Twitter: twitter.com/brave

Member Recommendations:

Member Rebukes:

Reply }
(09-24-2015, 05:00 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: [Image: header-firefox.98d0a02c957f.png]

Click here for the Mozilla Firefox page

When it’s personal,
choose Firefox.
Free Download

Committed to you, your privacy and an open Web
Made with a mission to put you first

We’ve always designed Firefox to protect and respect your private information. That’s why we’re proud to be voted the Most Trusted Internet Company for Privacy.

Works the way you do

How you use the Web is unique. Firefox lets you change it to match. Remove what you don’t use, keep what you do and put it just about anywhere you want.

Faster at what you do most

Firefox was named the ”speed king” in independent benchmark and performance tests against other browsers. Save time and do just about anything quicker than before.

[Image: browser-windows.53a4d228b8ee.png]

Member Recommendations:

Member Rebukes:

Firefox is a boss of a system! I’ve been using it for years! Lightweight on systems new and old (tested in a brand new laptop and a 13 year old laptop) Plus tones of plugins to boot to make your everyday browsing that much better! I recommend it to anyone!
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: 55e3faa432d9efb86b8f19a6f25c0126-dawz35x.png]

new logo for Yesteryear created by Lunarberry!
Reply }
Looks like a 'Member Recommendation' to me.

So I'm going to 'edit' the Firefox posting to include Siletrea's recommendation, and delete the above post and this one I'm writing/posting now... Well, by the end of the week anyway.

Reply }
I am against firefox. No matter how often I update flash player, it won't let me open sites that depend on it properly. Rendering just stops without loading every single component. Plus the newer versions suddenly stopped accepting the installation of useful plugins that let people save sessions or block ads and add whitelists. If you're gonna stop supporting plugins, you should provide alternatives because people depend on them. Keep doing that and you'll lose lots of users on a daily basis.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }