Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Super Simple Vehicle System: Caterpillar Compatability
Super Simple Vehicle System - Addon:
Caterpillar Compatability

Ver 1.1

Introduction
A request was made in regards to the fukuyama caterpillar system because the caterpillar system continued to leave a trail of party members behind the vehicles as they traveled.

So I took the job and made... 'two' options. One option allows you to turn off the trailing character sprites when you board a vehicle only to turn back on once you enter a Headquarters or leave the vehicle. The other option resets all the party members to start in the very spot as the player once he disembarks, just as they would when entering a new map.

Script
Click Here A .txt file with a .doc extension.

Instructions
The instructions are in the script. Pretty simple though.

Compatability
Designed with RPGMaker XP for use with the Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced, and one of four caterpillar scripts: fukuyama's Train Actor, Near Fantastica's Squad Movement, Ccoa's Caterpillar or SephirothSpawn's Trailing Characters.

Credits and Thanks
To yamina-chan who requested this feature. ^_^

Terms and Conditions
The system is designed for royalty-free usage in private, shareware and commercial games.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
why not just simply "change actor graphic" to nothing? ive been browsing scripts for awhile, and have seen quite a few things that look like they're doable as events. what does this script do that changing the graphics and speed doesn't?
Reply }
Some caterpillar scripts let the party members follow you around while you're in a vehicle such as a boat, plane (going over impassable tiles), and the like. Other caterpillar scripts have party members blocked, so the party members are STUCK there.

At the same time, this patch keeps track of the visibility of your party members, deactivating them when you are in an outside vehicle mode and making them visible once again if you enter a vehicle HQ (like FF8's Balamb Garden).

And, it resets your following party members when you reappear (disembark from a vehicle). Lets them start right where the player starts like when you switch from one map to another and such.

,,,, adding what it works with in the 1st post.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
*scratches head*
I belive you misunderstood the problem I was talking about. The visibility switch was part of what we talked about it, yes, (and now that I think about it it was a problem indeed XD) but the bigger problem was the fact that after leaving the vehicle again a caterpillar members would -graphicwise- turn into the vehicle.
I want to thank you anyway for spending some time to work on this. ^^
After reading that it won't be compatible with the HQ addon I now know that I won't be able to use this in my project but it might help others.

EDIT: Oh, never mind the first thing I was talking about, I just noticed what was causing that. I'll have to take a look on how to change that. But it's a pitty that it won't work with the HQ addon, or you'd probably have the ultimate vehicle system right here XD
Anyway, thank you for all your hard work =)
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
For you, just set the caterpillar switch to '0' to get it to work with fukuyama's Caterpillar, and then set the VCATER_SWITCH value to the same switch that turns the fukuyama sprites on/off. I think that it is '5' by default?

This way, your party members vanish when you enter a vehicle, and reappear when you exit a vehicle or show up in the HQ itself. As an added bonus, they clump up when they disembark so you don't see some stupid trail of characters spreading out into the shore.

As to the HQ transfer addon... I am working on that.
DerVVulfman's 'regular Joe' account for testing and permissions use.
Who watches the Watchmen?
Reply }
No, you still missunderstand me XD'
That was not my problem. It was that characters graphics would turn into the vehicle graphic. Say I leave the ship, then suddenly my last partymember would have the same graphic as the ship and forever run around like this. I realized shortly after testing this new script right here that it was caused due to this script using the same key for entering/leaving the vehicle as something else and thus it would kinda trow each other off.
I'm not quite sure why I never figured that out in all the time I was trying to get this system to work, but it was entirely my fault for missing the simple and searching for something more complex soulution.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Reply }
Well, I hope this script helped and turned your caterpillar on/off better. OH... and the revised and translated copy of fukuyama's script here also has a couple other things (though you prolly read the instructions therein)

BUMP!
to version 1.1
A revision has been made to the script that allows its use with the Simple Transfer addon. Enjoy.

Oh, and the demo has both of 'em in... and a copy of fukuyama's Train Actor script.

Reply }
How are you dooing these things that fast? XD
That is impressive.
It seems to work perfectly fine as well so all I can say is thank you over and over again. (If I can't get it to work now, then it is 100% my fault now XD)

PS: In the top post you wrote "Script" where you meant "Demo" Winking

Edit:
It seems my project does not like this system verry much; it does not turn the switch which hides the vehicles while they're used back off when you leave them. (So basically the vehicle vanishes when you leave) It works fine in the demo and I've read the instructions three times now wihout seeing something that I could have missed, then again I'm really tired by now and maybe I did miss something so this will turn out to be a noobish question. <_<
But is there something that I may have overlooked other then in the configuration area where you set up the switch and everything else?

Reply }
It could be how you named your vehicle events "MAP001-boat" (combined map name and vehicle object) and had them assigned in the vehicle array (just the object), or it could be the switch id assigned for the vehicle that turns it on/off.
DerVVulfman's 'regular Joe' account for testing and permissions use.
Who watches the Watchmen?
Reply }
I'm pretty sure that's not it...Probably one of the other scripts is causing trouble.
Oh well, I've spend month on this allready, an other month to figgure that out isn't going to hurt I guess...

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Super Simple Vehicle System - Enhanced DerVVulfman 65 81,778 06-02-2023, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Sujabes467
   Zenith Tactical Battle System Plus (ZTBS+) DerVVulfman 0 1,888 05-10-2022, 10:42 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Commercial System Package DerVVulfman 11 11,739 01-04-2020, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Pelip
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2 Victor Sant 150 221,466 03-02-2019, 04:47 AM
Last Post: dragonprincess44
   DerVV's Simple Popup System DerVVulfman 4 10,767 10-08-2017, 04:53 PM
   H-Mode7 Caterpillar Chaotech Games 8 17,150 03-10-2017, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Lizzbutt
   Super Simple MCISendString DerVVulfman 0 4,271 03-09-2017, 04:52 AM
   Melly-Mel's Calendar System DerVVulfman 23 38,236 12-02-2016, 04:31 AM
   The Magey Mage's Spellbook System DerVVulfman 3 8,895 10-31-2016, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Noctis
   CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 Charlie Fleed 572 633,956 05-19-2016, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Starmage