Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 KJustSave
KJustSave
XP + VX + ACE

by Kyonides

Introduction

Do you need a simple save file manager to handle your saved games?
Then this might be the right script for you! Grinning
It will let you save and load your saved games. Winking

Don't forget to set the value of the SAVE_ITEM_ID to 0 if your game doesn't need any item to be consumed before the player can save the game file as usual.

Screenshots

4 Snapshots

Terms & Conditions

Free for ANY game. Gamer
Due credit is mandatory! Serious
That's it, guys! Tongue sticking out

Attached Files
.jpg   kjustsaveace001.jpg (Size: 65.9 KB / Downloads: 26)
.jpg   kjustsaveace002.jpg (Size: 68.46 KB / Downloads: 26)
.jpg   kjustsavevx001.jpg (Size: 60.35 KB / Downloads: 18)
.jpg   kjustsavexp001.jpg (Size: 96.51 KB / Downloads: 18)
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Script Has Been Ported to All RGSS-Based Engines!

I know that I just posted a VX ACE script a couple of hours ago, but I couldn't get some sleep Zzz if I didn't port my script to the rest of the RGSS engines as well. Happy with a sweat

Winking Now you can download the demos and Gamer test my script as many times as deemed necessary.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Minor Maintenance Update

In order to improve the backwards compatibility with your old saved games, I have uploaded 3 new demos with version 1.0.2 of my simple save game menu script included there. I hope this will let you still use those old saved files, but it will not show any party leader's name nor the current location till you replace them with a new saved game.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
All 3 Scripts Have Been Improved Once Again!

After considering adding a new featurette to my script, I have implemented a simple way to add a "found" and "not found" saved game icon to every single line of text drawn on screen.

Just take a look at the screenshot! Grinning

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2011]

That icon is fully customizable, just in case you didn't know that. Winking
By the way, the backdrop shadow you can see below is totally optional.

Attached Files
.jpg   kjustsavexp003.jpg (Size: 131.39 KB / Downloads: 23)

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Minor Update for All RGSS-Based Engines!

From now on, the saved file now saves not the map's name but its ID instead. This improves its compatibility with any language scripts you might be using in your game project.

It can also allow you to save a specific set of switches in that header to make it easy to read the selected saved file's language in no time while loading the Load scene.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Just acquired the XP demo...

I started it, grabbed the three potions from the chest, then attempted to save:

Script 'KJustSave XP' line 185: NameError occurred.
undefined local variable or method 'width' for
#<KJustSave::HelpSprite:0x41135f0>
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Maintenance Update!

Happy with a sweat Well, it seems that the error reported by the Dog Wulfo was present in both RMXP and RMVX so I have uploaded 3 brand new demos with the bug fix included. Shocked 
I suspect that it didn't affect RMVX ACE at all, yet, I preferred to add the fix just in case. Winking

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Just acquired the NEXT demo.

Started... Acquired the 3 potions from the chest... opened the main menu... opened the Save menu which noted the 3 potions... Hit [Enter/Select] to save:

Script 'KJustSave XP' line 329: NameError occurred.

undefined local variable or method 'hour' for
#<Scene_Save:0x412d18>

I suggest a complete play-through of all save/load features if so much changed since inception.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Another Maintenance Update!

After double checking the RMXP and RMVX demos, I noticed that I had left the playtime settings on a different method than the one originally intended for it to be read. Happy with a sweat

Detective I also found out that some values were not properly stored in the header local variable so I changed the methods in both ports and upgraded the header to an instance variable. Now the XP and VX demos should run smoothly. Winking

VX ACE also had a minor update but it seems Thinking it wasn't desperately needed as it was the case in previous iterations of the RM engine.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
XP & VX:   Two Thumbs Up!

Reply }