Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MapSwitch E
MapSwitch E
Version: Evented "port" of v2

Introduction
This script is pretty much designed to help developers streamline their projects with great ease. Here's how the script works and try to bear with my sloppy attempt at an explanation.

Okay so when a player enters a certain group of Map IDs, a particular switch would activate. When the player leaves one of those Map IDs, the switch that activated upon entering in the map would deactivate as well.

Again, I think it's totally useful and it helps streamline your project a little bit. Alright, here's an example:
How about marking which maps are "dungeons"? Whenever the player enters a map marked as a "dungeon", a switch would activate.

Features
  • Developers can set up what group of map IDs would activate a switch.
  • Switch deactivates whenever the player is not in a marked map ID.
  • It might help streamline your project.

Screenshots
Walk into an area and detect whether that area is light, dark, an exterior or an interior. There's your screenshot! [/Trickster] :P

Demo
.zip   Mapswitch E XP.zip (Size: 189.98 KB / Downloads: 6)
.zip   Mapswitch E VX.zip (Size: 243.27 KB / Downloads: 0)

Instructions
Copy-paste the entire common event to your project. Depending on how far into development you are with your project, you should probably change the condition switch of the common event.

FAQ
Awaiting question.

Compatibility
Compatibility issues? *shrugs*

Credits and Thanks
I'd like to thank EJlol for helping me with stuff related to hashes.

Author's Notes
I made v1 (script) a year ago, mainly to give users (primarily eventers) a script which could help them out a little. Version 2 might not be much but it's a vast improvement over the first.

Terms and Conditions
Exclusive to RMVXPUniverse. Credit me, please? :3
Reply }