Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Tiny Overworld Sprites XP
Tiny Overworld Sprites
Version: 1.0.0

Introduction

This script gives you little bitty characters when on any map marked as an overworld map, similar to the feature in Chrono Trigger with no extra graphics required. Should be compatible with all location window scripts (menus and HUDs) and with any menu. Even though this script already exists, I got a surprising number of requests for this after posting the VX version, so here it is.

Screenshots
[Image: tiny-1.png]

Demo

Tiny Overworld Sprites XP

Instructions

For any world you want to mark as an overworld map, simply add the word *WORLD* to the map's name. To change the zoom to make the overworld sprite bigger or smaller, change this line:

ZOOM = 0.3

This is a percentage, so 0.3 is 30%. If you want 50%, change this to 0.5.

FAQ

To make this compatible with my caterpillar script, find these lines:

Code:
if @return_to_player
   if self.x == $game_player.x and self.y == $game_player.y
  @return_to_player = false
  @move_route_forcing = false
   else
  move_toward_player
   end
    end

Below that, add this:

Code:
    if $game_map.isworldmap
   self.zoom_x = ZOOM
   self.zoom_y = ZOOM
    else
   self.zoom_x = 1.0
   self.zoom_y = 1.0
    end

By DerVVulfman: Also add the following lines to (1) prevent a no-method-error and (2) have it detect her Party actors *tested*
Add the following two lines to the Game_TrainActor class, so it recognizes the zoom factors:
Code:
attr_accessor :zoom_x
  attr_accessor :zoom_y
And then find this line in this script:
Code:
    if @character.is_a?(Game_Player) and $game_map.isworldmap
and replace it with:
Code:
if (@character.is_a?(Game_Player) or @character.is_a?(Game_TrainActor)) and $game_map.isworldmap

To make this compatible with Fukuyama's caterpillar script, find this line in this script:

Code:
    if @character.is_a?(Game_Player) and $game_map.isworldmap

And change it to:

Code:
    if (@character.is_a?(Game_Player) or @character.is_a?(Game_Party_Actor) and $game_map.isworldmap

By DerVVulfman: Use the below code for Fukuyama's Train Actor script instead and have Train Actor placed above Tiny Overworld. *tested*
Code:
if (@character.is_a?(Game_Player) or @character.is_a?(Train_Actor::Game_Party_Actor)) and $game_map.isworldmap
Terms and Conditions

Use
Free for noncommercial or commercial use with credit.

Distribution
Do not redistribute this script without permission. Do not direct link the demo or paste the script anywhere. Instead, please link to this thread.

UNSUPPORTED SYSTEM.
This script is no longer supported by its creator.
Reply }
I know this script isn't supported by ccoa anymore, but is there a someone out there that can help me out a little.

The compatibility patch ccoa provides doesn't work. This is the error I get when I use it. [Image: LywFlF.png]

I tried using the patch on her demo as well and I got the same error.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Reply }
I took a look, and if you have Train Actor above Tiny Overworld Sprites, use my personal edit of ccoa's patch line. She was missing a parenthesis, and the class for the following sprites is actually Train_Actor::Game_Party_Actor as it is within the Train_Actor module.

And... Hey, Firestalker!!!
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Hey DerVV!! Long time.... I'll probably be asking a bunch of questions soon, just a heads up. Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Anyway... Actually I'm using her Cat script. The error I get is from her script. Sorry I forgot to mention that.
Reply }
Ahh... Well, she didn't account for zoom_x I see.

Um, I did. Winking Sooo.... I added the TWO sets of fixes, additional edits needed within the Game_TrainActor class and the variant edit in the Tiny Overworld script.

PK8 says hi too. ^_^
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
You're still the man DerVV.... Awesome thanks!
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Victor Engine - Sprites in Windows Victor Sant 2 6,223 03-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Last Post: MetalRenard
   Tiny Overworld Sprites VX ccoa 0 5,270 03-08-2008, 04:53 AM
Last Post: ccoa
   Window Sprites Trickster 0 4,336 03-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Trickster