Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 KoeKaiser Character Template
Shocked Shocked Shocked
OMG! DerVVulfman is posting resources!?
And he worked on something other than a script!?!?

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

OPEN-SOURCE RESOURCE

Okay, enough jokes. I was shown a template a couple days ago called the Koemushi template and it was... Well, it wasn't half bad. But it was kind of small and while there were male and female characters, they were too small for actual definition.

So I increased the height and width a bit, actually making them the size of the RPGMaker XP sprites (yeah, they were actually smaller). And in doing so, I unintentionally made them look a bit like the half kaiser template by ShowKaiser. The females now have rounder curves, more slender arms and smaller feet, clearly making them appear different from the male counterpart.

.png   KO2_MALE.png (Size: 3.9 KB / Downloads: 48)
.png   KO2_FEM.png (Size: 5.56 KB / Downloads: 30)

They're not bad, but the shading does need work. Something more defined.

And clothing is needed for this set.

In that, I am labeling this as an OPEN-SOURCE resource for members of this forum... an Exclusive for Save-Point.Org. Feel free to post edits, resources to fit the sprites, and so forth.

Q: Why did I make them in 'magenta and green blocks:
A: Most game engines use the 3x4 or 4x4 characterset layout that RPGMaker XP and VX uses, but some systems use a single horizontal strip. I made the background like this so users of these 'other' game systems can cut and edit the template for their own uses.

[Image: Exclusive1.png]
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Something like Genesis2D uses a characterset system that has all four directions in a single horizontal strip. If you're using that, just cut 'em up and reassemble them as you'd need.

If you're using RPGMaker VX, the left-most 'standing' frame in each is the one you'll crop away.

After that, you'll just need a little 'flood fill' of a single color so you can import 'em into your system of choice.

Content Hidden

EDIT: Minor Glitch with head/heck area on both male and female templates. Not sure anyone noticed. No one downloaded the female template yet.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   RPG Template [WIP] Son_Rukiri 4 6,383 03-17-2019, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Son_Rukiri
   Anthro raccoon character set rzrcoon 4 7,404 10-16-2016, 03:25 AM
Last Post: rzrcoon
   Fat XP template (possibly others if I get around to uploading) cosmickitty 2 6,589 10-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Steel Beast 6Beets
   Phantom Brave character sets Charlie Fleed 2 6,847 01-25-2010, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Charlie Fleed
   Phantom Brave character sets Charlie Fleed 1 4,835 03-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Last Post: DonCreek
   Legend of Dragoon Character Sets Hebi Kumo 0 6,502 11-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Hebi Kumo