Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Thieves Can Climb Walls
Thieves Can Climb Walls
Version: 1.0

Introduction
Well, guys. There are probably a few scripts that can let your character climb walls, but I haven't seen them. So I decided to work on one of my own. One could call it a nice addition if you want to make a game whereby your character is a sneak and is trying to break into places where he or she shouldn't.

Features
  • Be able to grab footholds on walls
  • Be able to FALL and take damage if you slip off of a foothold
  • Be able to throw ropes up or down walls to scale them

Demo
{Climb here!}

Instructions
Plenty, and in the script.

FAQ
When designed, I came up with another script... a supplementary fix for one of SephirothSpawn's.

Compatibility
Designed for RPGMaker XP only. It will require Event Spawner by SephirothSpawn to allow the use of the rope system.

Terms and Conditions
Free for use, even in commercial games.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
How would the player slip off of a foothold? What would make it possible?
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
The rating difference of one foothold to another and the player's skill level. The increase of the player's level, learned skills, and equipment can increase their chance of holding on, but a foothold may be set to a more difficult rating.

Or he just lets go of [SHIFT] by accident...

I figure an intrepid scripter can find the itty bitty widdle switch that makes them fall and set a timer or something. Laughing + Tongue sticking out
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }