Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 The Spriteset Converter
The
Spriteset Converter

Hear ye! Hear ye! This tool was made with RPGMaker XP. But it lets you convert a battler spriteset from one format or layout to another! Yes, you can convert an RPGMaker MV 3-row battelr into a Minkoff battler. You can convert a Cybersam 7-pose battler to use the same layout as an RPGMaker 2003 battler. And you can even extract individual cells from a battler and have them stored in a folder, or convert a batch of formatted frames into a battler.

Even more, it allows you to add extra space on the margins for every animation cel! Quite handy when you need more space between cels.

The Converter's BOX.Com Link
Chances are that it'll say 'preview unavailable'.
Just download

A Compressed/Encrypted project, all configurables are in the SpritesetConverter.ini file It should be extremely simple to understand. Yep. Just edit the .INI and you'll see how handy it is.

Output content will be saved as a .png image file and saved in RGB format.

Included, an RM2K3 and RMMV spriteset to mess with.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
CORRECTIVE BUMP
IN PLAY

If you are merely converting a battler spriteset from one format to another, you have nothing to worry about.  However, if you intended to add additional space, this bump is for you.  While the tool intends to let one set extra space, that feature was accidentally disabled on compression.

Yes, the mechanism which added extra space when re-assembling your sprites back into a single sheet didn't function on the initial release as intended. 

For that reason, I have issued this bump and updated the tool.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
This is definitely very helpful!! <3 <3 Thanks so much for making this tool, DerVVulfman! :D
Check out my Projects!! :)
[Image: Sig.png][Image: zmBakYl.png][Image: Q26Qq97.png][Image: vUn8jGA.png]
[Image: wgpodgb.png][Image: sZ7WO1A.png][Image: r6lJmMA.png][Image: gVq5Ley.png][Image: AAIgmEh.png][Image: UV5gtHM.png][Image: 8yrOboz.png][Image: KOkwdxu.png][Image: q3WAQZ0.png][Image: ScRp3aF.png][Image: dErptnM.png][Image: uuB3yxi.png]
Reply }
THE EXPECTED
UPDATE BUMP

The Spriteset Converter has now received a couple of technical updates.  The primary adding a fourth buffer, completing the buffer system. And the secondary replacing the window saying "Processing" after choosing one of the three options with a coded pop-up window that vanishes instead.

Yes, there is now a fourth buffer, the "Buffer_Bottom" value which you may edit in the converter's INI file. So you may now adjust the amount of extra on all four sides of any processed frame. While not expected to be used often, it has been added in the case of eventualities.

As to the whole "Processing" pop-up, you no longer need to press [Enter]/[Select] as much as you needed before as the pop-up now disappears on its own.  I basically took advantage of my 'simple pop-up' script for this effect.  Hey, it works. Right?

Of note, I did include a read-me file in the compressed zip file.

Of extra note, I should make mention that any generated/converted files are save in RGB format.

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   MIDI to OGG converter MechanicalPen 0 4,196 08-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Last Post: MechanicalPen
   [Utility] XP Sprite -> VX Sprite Converter woratana 0 21,090 01-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Last Post: woratana
   2kxp Converter XP Kobold 0 3,473 12-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Last Post: XP Kobold