What's up, RMers?
After checking the titles of old scripts that are being backed up here, I began wondering if I should create a party-wide HP shield for Witch Golem monsters only.
Perhaps 2 kinds of shields should be created, 1 magical and 1 technological. This would make the player need to get a wizard or a pro hacker to get rid of such a formidable defense at once instead of Orson hitting the shield dozens of times before it finally breaks.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
Well, Status effects can adjust the MDEF and PDEF scores. So you could make a skill for enemies alone that does that part at least.

But what if the heroes need to break another effect... any effect in general such as the enemies sped up by Blink, or cast a status ailment like Venom on a party member? If the status ailment has a 0% chance of vanishing per turn, something could be ... fun.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)

[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png]    [Image: liM4ikn.png]    [Image: fdzKgZA.png]    [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png]    [Image: uSqjY09.png]    [Image: GAA3qE9.png]    [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png]    [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
  Above are clickable links
Reply }
I always wonder why a certain Dog Wulfo has to come up with something to discourage me from crafting such scripts. Sarcasm

Anyway, after reading the titles of several RPG Maker Central threads I got inspired to make my own mercenary script entitled KMercenary XP!

Simple Screenshot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
And here's how the actual mercenary selection view looks like so far.

Simple Screenshot

Happy with a sweat I know, it looks weird to read a single name more than once on a short list. Just keep in mind it's randomly selected by the script. Confused

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
(10-10-2024, 09:13 PM)kyonides Wrote: I always wonder why a certain Dog Wulfo has to come up with something to discourage me from crafting such scripts. Sarcasm

Ohhh... Penguin Penguin in meltdown... I suggested not to limit your idea to states that just handle barriers (physical or magical), but any state that could cause issues for their combatants.

(10-09-2024, 05:25 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: But what if the heroes need to break another effect... any effect in general such as the enemies sped up by Blink, or cast a status ailment like Venom on a party member?  If the status ailment has a 0% chance of vanishing per turn, something could be ... fun.

That's not discouraging... that's encouraging one to expand its capabilities.

But what can I expect of penguins?
[Image: tenor.gif]
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)

[Image: sGz1ErF.png]    [Image: liM4ikn.png]    [Image: fdzKgZA.png]    [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png]    [Image: uSqjY09.png]    [Image: GAA3qE9.png]    [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png]    [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Reply }
(10-12-2024, 02:38 PM)DerVVulfman Wrote: ...
Ohhh...  Penguin Penguin in meltdown...  I suggested not to limit your idea to states that just handle barriers (physical or magical), but any state that could cause issues for their combatants.
That's not discouraging... that's encouraging one to expand its capabilities.

But what can I expect of penguins?

Why should it be more complicated than necessary? Indifferent

Not long ago I was taking a look at a new DLC, namely Summerwind Saga Interior, but I really think it's TOO retro and quite simplistic. Like something important is missing there.
Indifferent What do you say, guys? Is it worth buying it or not? Confused

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
(10-12-2024, 08:49 PM)kyonides Wrote: Why should it be more complicated than necessary? Indifferent
Well, its a two-part issue:

When the monsters/enemies are creating their uber-barrier, it applies a status effect. The spell itself doesn't stay in memory, but the status effect itself lingers on in each enemy's 'states' array. Given you are talking about a powerful spell, it would thus be a custom status effect in the States Database.

Whatever spell option you create to try and ward off the powerful spell effect, it needs to acquire the ID of the state to see if it even warrants being tested: too powerful or weak enough to dispel.

Ergo, the base mechanic of your proposed 'uber-shell' script would be that for any uber-state. And technically, could be valid for enemies and allies alike.

(10-12-2024, 08:49 PM)kyonides Wrote: Not long ago I was taking a look at a new DLC, namely Summerwind Saga Interior, but I really think it's TOO retro and quite simplistic. Like something important is missing there.
Indifferent What do you say, guys? Is it worth buying it or not? Confused

To each their own. IF you are working on a game akin to the SNES era EARTHBOUND game with graphics simpler in design than Secret of Mana... its about right. But if you're going for Secret of Evermore quality... nope.

Reply }
DerVVulfman Wrote:Well, its a two-part issue:

When the monsters/enemies are creating their uber-barrier, it applies a status effect. The spell itself doesn't stay in memory, but the status effect itself lingers on in each enemy's 'states' array. Given you are talking about a powerful spell, it would thus be a custom status effect in the States Database.

Whatever spell option you create to try and ward off the powerful spell effect, it needs to acquire the ID of the state to see if it even warrants being tested: too powerful or weak enough to dispel.

Ergo, the base mechanic of your proposed 'uber-shell' script would be that for any uber-state. And technically, could be valid for enemies and allies alike.

Here's the problem, you assumed I'd use or had to use states but I never intended to do that. It's a barrier separated from any specific monster or boss. You could say it's like an extra mob on screen. And here comes the new dynamic: if its specialty is physical attacks, then it'd resist blows that are like 200 HP damage or less. If it's magical, then all level 1 spells would be useless. Any attack of the opposite nature should go through and hit your targets.

Let's say it's like a general shield and not like SG-1 serpent Goa'ulds' personal shields. Yet, if it the attack is too fast, it gets blocked. Still, if it's too slow, it hits your target easily.

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }
Sometimes I see Kyo and Dervvulfman bickering and it makes me think of an old married couple.

The arguments are also just about as useless, kinda like most of mine!

Anyway- I got some small bit of dev done. Been taking it easy the past couple months so I haven't had a huge amount of progress to report.

But I have a little feature to share which I've been planning for a while.

Voiced Dialogue when idling on profile menus for 20~ seconds

Beyond small rewrites to Disk 0, still working on that. Just got up to the first I.M. fight.v Also implemented as much of Sacreblu's new VA as I could manage.

But it is not me alone who has gotten work done!

Kyu Lawlis
[Image: 9mkKrPi.png][Image: q9Bxutp.png]
Our dragonborn lad has two sprites courtesy of Xiie, with both a sword and non-sword version! She is now working on Cid Gongho and Kikiyo Kasanavi!

Also me doing some Placeholder voice acting. Mostly so I had a file to fill in for some events.
Reply }
I've been thinking about coming up with a script that could let you setup a quick quest, a mandatory one for sure, where you have to kill 1 Golem monster out of a list of "bosses" (or just high level mobsters) before reaching a specific level. Angry Failure is not an option! The Slayne hero could die! Shocked

Maranatha!

HiddenChest & Roole

Reply }