Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 SDK DVV Add-On: Event Comment Supplemental
SDK DVV Add-On:
Event Comment Supplemental
Version: 1.2

Introduction
Dear lord! DerVVulfman wrote an SDK script???

Based on material garnered from the RMXP SDK, this script can retrieve a list of comments from an event's page and obtain desired information from a list of comments.

Because it is enclosed within its own SDK module block and doesn't refer to any other SDK methods or classes, it does not require the SDK to function. It can be used by itself.

Script
The Script

Instructions
Got plenty in the script's comments that scripters should understand. If you're not a scripter... this isn't really for you.

Thanks
To Zeriab, who requested a measure to get only the first batch of comments after reaching the first non-comment command.

Compatibility and Installation
While contained within a SDK module, this system does not necessarily need the SDK. But it should be compatible with nearly every version of the RMXP SDK and can be used without.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Can you add a method that retrieves the first chunk of comments. I.e all comment blocks until the first non-comment event command.

*hugs*
[Image: ZeriabSig.png]
Reply }
BUMP
to Version 1.1

Hehehe... it didn't take long, did it?

Okay, Zeriab. You can now use the same SDK.event_comment_list statement to check on just the first block of comments, separated by the first non-comment that occurs. You can even make sure that it has a 'trigger' like before, so even IF it stops at the first non-comment, the block still needs the trigger text.

list = SDK.event_comment_list(event, trigger, true)
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Awesome, thanks :D
A great feature when considering performance for big events.

*hugs*
[Image: ZeriabSig.png]
Reply }
Better than you know, Zeriab. It's me, Dervv... just in case.

I redid my version of MrMo's ABS with this, and now I have 'default' values for the evented battlers. I can leave out things in the events, have the comments in whatever order and not so ridgid... whatever. This makes the ABS's setup of enemies work nicely.
DerVVulfman's 'regular Joe' account for testing and permissions use.
Who watches the Watchmen?
Reply }
BUMP
to Version 1.2

Unexpected, I found a glitch with the script.  If the retrieved data had a space within, such as saying "Level3 Fighter", it would merely display the text up to the first space.  Thus, only the phrase of "Level3" would be retrieved.

This had only just been discovered.  And now... fixed.

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Event Spawner Fixes DerVVulfman 8 15,274 01-02-2018, 05:48 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Event Location Saver 1.1 ixfuru 0 4,031 12-07-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: ixfuru
   DoubleX RMMV Popularized ATB Event DoubleX 2 5,149 02-20-2016, 04:52 AM
Last Post: DoubleX
   Event Comment Conditionals ixfuru 3 5,919 08-05-2015, 02:31 AM
Last Post: JayRay