Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Is a legal RPG Maker 2003 in the works?
For those not in the know or aren't at the RPG Maker Web forums for some reason, the lovely Archeia (now RPG Maker Web staff) started a poll thread over there to check if anybody would want a legal 2003 (DerVVulfman, I'm looking at you).

Thread: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?...ou-buy-it/
Quote:This suggestion was thrown into the table and so we have to ask, if we
were to release RPG Maker 2003 in English would you buy it?

Vote and post your suggestions here~

Just a note, take the EULA into consideration. This means you guys
shouldn't use patches/plug-ins/external programs if you want to use RPG
Maker. Not sure about the RPG_RT.exe though since I know it's not
illegal to change the icon *hint hint, wink wink*

I also wanted to add that this was actually requested by a fan and her
reasoning was she wants to own a legal copy of her childhood program,
which we think isn't a bad idea if it's for the sake of Nostalgia and
just a collector's item.

And not too long after, somebody started a petition over at Change.org about it: http://www.change.org/petitions/rm2k3-in-english
Reply }
(04-26-2012, 06:46 PM)PK8 Wrote: ...started a poll thread over there to check if anybody would want a legal 2003 (DerVVulfman, I'm looking at you).

STOP LOOKIN AT ME! Confused Winking

And when I can, I'll head over n vote and tell Archeia hi. Blushing + Cheery

Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Meh. I would, but I would like to be able to use Cherry's patches on it. There are some key functions missing from the software and I don't feel users should be penalised for that. :)
Reply }
Indeed. While I still hold the XP flag higher then any other, I would rather own a legal copy of this while still being able to use patches. They are, to a degree, doing the jobs of scripts as well as beeing usefull and helpfull. (Or at least they're intended to be.)
I second the oppionion of our (now evil) fox.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
Well aren't users kinda given a firm hand for unofficial modding in anything? Uh, if modding isn't a big part of it, like Minecraft. What I mean is it doesn't seem strange for them to be against the modding.

I'd love to see a legal RM2k3, though I was under the assumption that they were against it, because the fan-translations "ruined the reputation", or ... something silly.

EDIT: What's this "agility bug" anyway? The only major bug I know about is where constant class changes eventually resets stats regardless of settings in version 1.08. Which was fixed in the latest 1.09, though I do believe the runtime for that wasn't translated... that well.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   RPG Maker Unite and VRM models? JayRay 0 1,231 02-18-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: JayRay
   Small RPG Maker Games for Android Mike_Everley 0 1,442 12-23-2021, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mike_Everley
   RPGMAKER 2003, XP and VX GONE CHEAP!!!!! DerVVulfman 2 2,631 07-05-2021, 04:23 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   RPG Maker series + Rants kyonides 4 5,318 08-25-2020, 12:41 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   RPG Maker has gotten progressively worse since XP Son_Rukiri 19 21,772 07-22-2018, 03:22 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
Question  Easiest 2D Sprite maker software MrFunny 2 5,977 11-28-2017, 06:19 PM
   Is RPG Maker XP still a viable option? Zaphias 10 13,402 03-04-2017, 07:34 AM
Last Post: hanetzer
   RPG Maker MV Announced PK8 2 7,051 04-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Starmage
   Are TCGs in RPG Maker realistic. BeJeremiah 9 15,126 06-11-2015, 03:01 AM
   [Kinda-Poll] Pattern Game for new maker hanetzer 4 7,679 01-29-2015, 11:06 PM